This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Week in Review ~ A rough week

 The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So this past week has been a rough one. It really started with last Saturday when my senior dog passed on as I had mentioned I think in my last Sunday post. Then on Monday Dresden wasn't acting right and I noticed she couldn't seem to go potty. She hadn't been eating well last couple days but sometimes she is picky so I didn't think much about it. But Monday seemed worse and she was panting really hard and not acting like she should, so I took her to the vet and she had to have an emergency spay. She is 8 years old and they were like with older dogs sometimes they don't make it or have a blood clot so you can imagine the wreck I was in as they kept her overnight to pump some fluids in her so they can do the surgery.

They did the surgery really early on Tuesday morning and let me tell you waiting was killing me. I might have called a couple of times, and then finally they said she could come home at 3pm that day and well it's just been a rough week of me sleeping on the floor with her because she wouldn't rest unless I was there with her. She would actually growl at me if I took my hand off of her! :) I am really to old for floor sleeping...lol. So I am so tired and she can't jump or go upstairs till Oct. 4th so I might be a zombie by that time. I am going to try and see if she will sleep on the couch with me and not try and get off, if so we are upgrading the couch...lol. She sits on it without much movement so I think we can make it work...fingers crossed!.

So here are a couple of pics of her. :) Sorry for the horrible lighting.




Hope everyone has a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Books I have added

 Nothing! :)

Books read last week

 

  • A Brush with Murder - This was an okay start to a new series. I listened to the audiobook and wasn't a huge fan of how the narrator voiced the main character's sister, it was a bit annoying.
  • Elizabeth Webster and the Court of Uncommon Please - This was interesting and fun!
  • The Detective Assistant - This was fun and it was interesting to find out in the authors note that the aunt in the story was based on a real person, the first woman detective for the Pinkertons.

Currently reading

 

Because of how last week went reading didn't go so well. I did get a few done as you can see but for the most part you probably seen most of these on my currently reading from last week. The print and ebooks are not going so well as I am so tired reading with my eyes isn't happening.
  • Omens - New audiobook I have added in as it looks like a book for this time of the year.
  • The Zombie Stone - Not made much progress but 70 pages into it and I think it's okay so far.
  • Her Darkest Secret - It's one of my eARCs and I haven't made much progress maybe 4% into it.
  • The Mouse Watch in Space - On page 79, should have finished this one last week it as it's short but oh well. So far I am liking it. I am curious about what is going to happen and think I have spotted a bad guy so will be fun to find out it I am right.
  • Spells for Lost Things - I am not sure how I feel about this one I do know that I like Willows sections better than Masons, I like the witchy stuff but as far as romance part I am over half the book and they just met and has this sort of insta attraction and not a fan of that, but I am curious about the book. On page 181.
  • Blood River - Review book from Book Siren and I am about 63% into it and it's been slightly boring and not at all like what I hoped from the cover.

What might be up next

 

  • Forgiving - I am really enjoying this authors books and can't wait to get into another one! This will be my fourth one this year! :)

How was your week? What did you get?


21 comments:

  1. Some good looking books on your current reading list. I watch Dr Jeff on TV all the time. He's a veterinarian. I'm glad you took care of your furball quickly. I know it's hard when she is not feeling well, but it does sound like it will be easy to keep her quiet and I hope she takes to the couch. sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have been enjoying the couch for the last couple of days. :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your dogs!

    Your books look good, though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am finally getting a little more reading time in as I am not as tired, so hope to catch up a bit. :)

      Delete
  3. What, so sorry about your dogs, what a rough week! I hope Dresden lets you all sleep on the couch. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for all you've gone through this week. I know how difficult it is watching the furbabies when they aren't feeling well. I hope Dresden keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a tough week. Glad that Dresden is doing okay though. I enjoyed Spells for Lost Things, I hope that you end up enjoying it!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear that you enjoyed Spells for Lost Things. I am liking it okay but so far more Willows chapters than Masons. I do like all the witchy stuff...lol.

      Delete
  6. Hugs. So glad Dresden made it through surgery. Hope this week is easier for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been a lot better week. She is getting a bit more ornery and hard to keep laying down. :)

      Delete
  7. Ah I'm so sorry. We would be devastated if anything happened to Lulu. I want to read that Kelley Armstrong series.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Since I am doing more audio than anything and I have one for Omens been reading a lot on it and I like it so far, its different.

      Delete
  8. Oh poor Dresden, and poor you for so much worry and stress! I'm glad everything's OK, I hope you get sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are on the couch so it's a lot better though still gives me a bit of a back ache.

      Delete
  9. Aww your poor dogger! I'm glad she's doing alright though, but yeah sleeping on the floor is hard! Hopefully the couch works out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a stressful week, and sleeping on the floor is never fun. I hope heals swiftly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about Dresden and I hope you have upgraded to the couch! I'm not sure I'd ever be able to stand up again if I slept up on the floor! I hope this week is much calmer and you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are on the couch and so far so good. Still a bit tired but getting more sleep. Oct. 4th can't come quick enough so we can go back upstairs!

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...