This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Week in Review #82

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

The sun was out this week!! I was really getting tired of rain and storms but it seems the ones we were suppose to get went around us. I know a lot of people are getting hit by storms so I hope everyone is okay!

Because of all the rain the turtles are out and about and our mostly outside dog Rascal, who is still in his puppy stage though large thinks they are his chew toys! I have saved three turtles so far! I have to wait till we bring him in at night then go and place them outside, poor little traumatized turtles! I have a pic of one and a pic of Rascal looking all innocent (ignore the dirty door, he jumps on it)

What you might have missed on my bloge

Review of Blackberry Summer
Review of Nightwing

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Bumps in the Night - I enjoyed this one. I like learning about folklore from other countries. 
  • The Not So Chosen One - This one was fun, my kind of fantasy...lol. 
  • The House on the Cliff - The second book in the Hardy Boys series, I am really liking this series.
  • Not Quite A Ghost - This one was not for me, it went in a direction I didn't want to go. It's popular though so others are liking it. Billed as horror but not really just a sick kid.
  • Fins of Fury - This is a cute series. :) 
Currently reading

  • Dead in the Water - I know I am have been reading this one for two long...lol. I just haven't been reading on it but I am about 67% into it and I am getting a bit more invested in it so I am sure it will be on the read list next week. :)
  • While Still We Live - My print book and I am not far into it, only 20 pages so not sure what I think of it yet.
  • Dark Days - Decided to finish up a trilogy! I am about 18% into this one.
  • Chupacabra - I need to wrap up this series too as there are only four books in it and this is book three.

What might be up next

  • Secrets in the Dark - I am curious as to how I will like this one as I kind of thought book one was a bit slow though I still liked it.

22 comments:

  1. Those poor turtles! Are you in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope the turtles are okay! Rascal looks so adorable and very guilty though. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I have gotten to all the turtles, if it would quite the rain and storms we probably wouldn't see so many!

      Delete
  3. Oh no poor turtles... I'm sure Badger would want to make them into play toys too. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... puppies! He is very cute, though. I hope the storms ease up and you get a bit more sunshine. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had great weather this past week but storms still happening! Darn it!

      Delete
  5. Aww cute turtles! I read House on the Cliff recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. He uses that face to get what he wants...lol.

      Delete
  7. I have turtles two 3 of them they are red eared sliders and hang out in tanks in our living room. But we let them roam around the house when we drain and clean the tanks. My dog and cats could care less about them. Hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poor turtles! At least you have been able to rescue them. I'll be interested to see what you think of the Heather Graham; I haven't read that trilogy yet. And I love that you're reading the Hardy Boys. I haven't read those in decades, but I loved them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this trilogy feels a bit different than the Krewe books but they are not bad. I am really enjoying The Hardy Boys.

      Delete
  9. We got hit by a lot of storms too. Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Goodness Rascal looks like a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rascal is a cutie but looks like he deserves his name. I had to laugh about the turtles! They seem fairly resiliant though. I'll be curious to see what you think of the rest of the Blackbird Trilogy. I just read the first of the new series and had some mixed feelings. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the trilogy is definitly not like the other krewe books and has a different feel to them but I am enjoying them but still prefer the Krewe books.

      Delete

Week in Review #87

  How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! ...