This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Monday, November 21, 2022

Two Bloggers One Book ~ The Witching Hour

 


Barb wanted to tackle a favorite from her younger years and well I was like sure but man it's a long one but I will give it a try and well it didn't go so well...lol. Once you see my thoughts you can go check out what she has to say about the revist at Booker T's Farm

What I thought


So I have never read an Anne Rice novel! I know it's crazy right. I have liked horror books for a long time but never tried her books. I think I figured out why, they are to long and wordy! 

So I didn't finish this book, I actually gave it a good try and got to 63% and that was listening to the audiobook. I don't think I would have made it that far if it wasn't for listening to it. I trudge on with it but I really never cared that much about what was going on. The chapters are so long and at first I was so confused as it bounced from one character to another and wondering why do we have to learn about these people

Then it finally started to make a little bit of sense but by that time I really wasn't caring that much about what was going on. I understand that it was a lot of build up to knowing who Rowan is and who she came from as she is part of the Mayfair Witches and was adopted so she didn't always know this but knew she was different. 

So it takes you back to the begining and through the lineage of the Mayfair witches leading up to who her mother was. You also get glimpses of things that Rowan had done when she saved a young man who should have drowned and then he seems to be drawn to her. There is also this man named Lasser which I believe is like the family demon who wants something but you know what I don't care.

Even at 63% into the book I still had a whole book to go before finishing the book so I know it seems like that was close to finishing but it really wasn't as its a 1200 page book and I just didn't care. I tried but I just didn't want to pick it up. I put it down and actually let the audiobook go back so someone else could listen to it and then wait for it to come back and listen some more but I have been trying with this book since September and it was just time to say nope and DNF. Maybe I will give the tv show they are making or have made of it.

Have you ever read this one?


6 comments:

  1. Yep, past me loved this one so much more! Who knew this book would be the Little Heaven of 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I never even thought of that but your right..lol.

      Delete
  2. Wait, this is 1200 pages? I read it long ago and loved it but I wonder how it would work for me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah even at 63% I had over 300 pages to go and I was like nope.

      Delete
  3. 1200 pages! I don't think I would have made it either. I've never read anything by Anne Rice and I'll probably keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am not interested in trying anything else...lol.

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...