This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Week in Review #10 ~ Long week



The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This has been a week, first I have been having a really bad toothache, so bad I couldn't think or do anything. It's let up some but still hurts. Anyway, I don't have dental insurance so found a low income place and filled out paperwork but they are like well we don't have an opening till Dec. 29th and I was like seriously! They are like you can call every day and see if we have an opening.
Well on Thursday they had an opening so I went but that was pretty much just a look see and x-rays and things like that. He was like two back teeth one top and one bottom needs to go but its swollen and looks like it's been cutting my cheeck so on antibotics, but now he needs a larger window and the 29th that I was orginally set up for isn't enough time and can't get in till Jan. 3rd! Still I can call and see if I can get in earlier but goodness...so it's been fun around here...blah. 
Then Friday we made the decision to put are large dog Scooby down. He had cancer and was just looking really bad. It was dads dog so he is really bummed. It just hasn't been great around our household for our dogs. So I am down to just one little dog, Dresden. She is keeping me company. 
So it's just been a week and I am ready to go back to those I have nothing to say weeks. :) 
Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Netgalley

  • Spellbinder: The Not So Chosen One - How far would you go to play the hero? One lonely seventh grader gets way more than he bargained for when he is swept into the fantasy quest of his gaming dreams in this magical illustrated series full of laughs, adventure, and twists. Sounds like a fun adventure fantasy book!
  • The Big Flush - A hunk of space junk is headed right for the base! And it's not just any hunk of junk! It's a giant toilet! Even worse? A traitor on base is working with angry aliens to coordinate the attack. Haha, I really enjoyed the first book it was fun so I can't wait to try this one. I mean giant toilet trash from space...lol.

Books read last week

 

  • Honest Illusions - This is my least favorite Nora Roberts book that I have read this month. I just couldn't get into the story much, I think it was just the way it was written and the fact they were thieves.
  • Grounds for Murder - First in the Coffee Lovers series and it was a decent start to the series.
Didn't get much read this week but I am in the middle of a lot...lol.

DNFed:
  • Every Missing Piece - This is more contemporary than mystery as I was hoping and I just thought it was boring. It's a bummer but I just didn't care so putting it aside.

Currently reading

 

  • Carnal Innoence - Almost halfway through this one and I am enjoying it. The narrator is male and has a very southern accent which is fun.
  • Quest Kids - This is an ARC I got and need to get to it so added it to my rotation of reads. It's silly and fun.
  • The Darkdeep - Seen this at the library in the Tween section and it looked interesting. (Yes, I browse the kid section...lol.)
  • Beyond Reach - The last of the Grant County books and thank goodness as I am not a fan of this series. This one is way to long and I really don't care about most of the characters in this series but I am buddy reading it and wanted to finish out the series...lol.

What might be up next

 

  • How to Betray a Dragon's Hero - Book 11 in the How to Train Your Dragon series. Kind of sad to think only one more book after this one and finished.

How was your week? What did you get?



14 comments:

  1. So sorry for your tooth problems and losing your dad's dog😥 I hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stormi, I'm sorry you're having such a rough week! It's so sad about your dad's dog. That's the toughest decision we ever have to make about our pets. And I hope you're able to get in sooner than Jan. 3 for your teeth, and that the pain is manageable until you can get them sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now that Thanksgiving is over I am going to bug the dentist in hopes for an earlier appt. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for the horrible week you had. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It's very sad. I hope you can get your tooth taken care of before January. I hope this is a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sucks about the toothache! I have a tooth that has to come out too and same deal- they have like a month wait. I was popping ibuprofen and now it doesn't hurt lol but when it starts up again I'm gonna be like noooo.

    I'm so sorry about your dad's dog. How awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, tooth pain is horrible! It's not bad right now so hope it stays like that till my appt.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry about Scooby! And what the heck about your tooth??? People should be able to get a painful situation taken care of sooner than that., insurance or no insurance! So sorry you have to suffer along with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping I can get in sooner than Jan...fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about your tooth issues. Hopefully the antibiotic will help with the pain a bit? I broke a back tooth a couple of years ago and it was a few days before I could get in to get a crown and the dentist said that aspirin is the most effective with tooth pain. Not sure if it would work for your situation but it might help a little. I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. What an awful week. Honest Illusion was not one of my favorite books either and her most recent book Night Work reminded me a lot of that one and I was pretty meh on that as well. I hope this week is much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try aspirin and see, I am all for trying anything to help with the tooth. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry about your tooth issues, that's the worst. Hopefully the dentist can resolve it soon. Sorry about Scooby :(
    I hope you get some relaxing in this week and good reading time. You've reminded me I have Grounds for Murder on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you get around to trying Grounds for Murder since it's on your shelves. :)

      Delete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Unseen by Heather Graham (Krewe of Hunters #5)

 I was excited to get back into a Krewe of Hunters book! I love this series and even the second go around has been fun. I have several to go...