This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Week in Review #35

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Okay the weather is just crazy! It dipped down into the 40's two nights in a row! I had to have the air on during the day as I was sweating upstairs and then my blankets on at night and it turned off. So weird!

Healthwise not much to report, so the test were negative so that didn't show why my heart rate keeps going up, so wore a heart monitor for a couple of days that was so itchy!! I haven't heard back on the results yet. I am sure it will end up being just because I am overweight and my heart and lungs are saying lose that weight which is easier said than done as I have been trying too. :(

I watched a couple movies while I relaxed as it seems I can't do much without being out of breathe. I watched my favorite version of Cinderella it was on Freevee, the Roger and Hammerstein version! I haven't seen it in forever! I use to watch it all the time so that was fun. Then I watched The Color Room mostly because it had Matthew Goode in it but it ended up being a decent historical movie about Clarise Cliff who help reinvent pottery by adding a splash of color and selling directly to women. You can look the name up and see hte pottery, I have actually seen her stuff before at antique shops and never really knew...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Emerald Blaze
Review of The Only Survivors

Books I have added

 Nothing!!

Books read last week

  • The OnlySurvivors - For me this one was a dud. (audiobook)
  • Cryptid Hunters - This was a fun adventure book. (Print)
  • Sea of Terrors - I love Stuart GIbbs and this was a lot of fun. (Print)
  • What Stays Buried - A decent spooky Middle Grade. (audiobook)
  • Hunted - This looks scary but reminded me a lot of Land Before Time with talking Dinos. (audiobook)
  • Earls Just Want to Have Fun - This was a lot of fun! Can't wait to try the next in this series.(audiobook)
  • Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emporer - This was decent, interesting Chinese mythology.(audiobook)

Currently reading

  • Shadow of Night - Enjoying my reread but I am behind on it as, well where did May go! On page 242 of 577.
  • Field of Screams - This one is okay but a little slower than I like, still curious to see how it ends. 69%
  • The Red Pyramid - I am really enjoying this one! On page 319 of 514.
  • Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief - This is a reread as I am wanting to reread the whole series so I can go on to the next group of books that are connected. I don't remember a lot about this but who one of the bad guys is so it's been fun rereading it. On page 168 of 375.
  • Ghostlight - I just started this so only read one chapter but I hope it's a good one!
  • Going Going Ganache - 55% into the audiobook and it's okay.

What might be up next

  • Mr. Mercedes - Next buddy read with Barb.

How was your week? What did you get?


15 comments:

  1. You're a fast reader. I just gave away a copy of Mr. Mercedes without reading it. I might borrow the ebook from the library. I hear it's good and not too scary.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/05/aapi-heritage-month-two-memoirs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mr. Mercedes is more like a mystery crime book with some supernatural elements so probably not real scary. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you and Barb like Mr. Mercedes, I need to read it too. Our weather has been beautiful lately, but last night we had a thunder storm! I left my window open and smelled the rain all night😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the rain, I am sick and tired of it...lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your tests were negative. I'm going through something similar and, I have a feeling, it's going to be for the same reason you mentioned. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you hear good news from your medical things!

      Delete
  4. We had some unseasonally cool days too, but my windows are open, which is rare. I hope they figure things out with your heart rate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love Clarice Cliff pottery and didn't know there was a movie about her! Amazon Prime. Noted!

    Hope everything turns out ok with your test results. Scary!!! And yes, losing weight is a beast. The only thing that has ever worked for me is walking, which I need to do, and hope to start doing....tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could put the movie on your radar! I need to start walking more too! It's been to rainy lately ugh.

      Delete
  6. It's been getting in the 40's at night here too! It's 73 right now and super mild. I wish I could have this year round lol.

    Good luck with your results. I see a cardiologist now and... fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would be fine with 70's all year around. :)

      Delete
  7. Those heart monitors are the worst! So uncomfortable. I love that version of Cinderella. I regularly break into the song Impossible much to the horror of my family! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have been singing the songs as now they are in my head. :)

      Delete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Unseen by Heather Graham (Krewe of Hunters #5)

 I was excited to get back into a Krewe of Hunters book! I love this series and even the second go around has been fun. I have several to go...