This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I seriously lead a boring life as I can't think of one thing that is really worthy of chatting about on here. I am pretty antisocial so I don't really go anywhere or do much besides going with my father a couple times a week to coffee at Hardees. I think I could be a hermit if I could. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Spy Ring

Books I have added

  • Murder in the Scottish Highlands - First in a cozy mystery series set in Scotland with a newly retired MC who opens a guesthouse.
Books I Read

  • Serwa Boateng's Guide to Vampire Hunting - Had potential to be really good but got bogged down in being a bit to preachy about social issues and then I just wasn't a fan of how it ended, was very dark for middle grade to me. Not sure if I will continue the series. 
  • The Chosen One - The last book in the Revenge of Magic series and I really enjoyed this fun fantasy series for kids and glad that I finally read the last book to finish it up. 
  • Summer Vamp - This was cute but not exactly what I thought it was going to be. She looks so scared at being at a vampire camp but there was no scary parts in it (even MG level scary), so basically just a summer camp story of finding friends. 
  • Vampiric Vacation - So I wasn't a huge fan of book one but after reading book two I think it was because I felt very confused with book one and some of that confusion was fixed in this one so I enjoyed it more even though I don't think this will be a series high on my list.
  • Secrets - I really liked book one but this one sort of fell flat. There wasn't much of a mystery, it was mostly about the MC and whether or not the Marshall really liked her and if there relationship was going to go farther than friendship, felt a bit juvenile. I feel that the cover of this book and the blurb is a bit misleading. 

Currently Reading

  • My Vampire Vs. Your Werewolf - Not as good as I was hoping but it's okay. 
  • Assignment in Brittany - I had to start this one over and get the ebook to follow along with the audiobook as I kept getting lost in what was going on. So not any farther in this one.
  • Witch Slapped - Just started this one yesterday but so far it's not bad.

How did your week go? Hope you had a great week!







5 comments:

  1. I'm also a hermit, so you're not alone:-) Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy not leaving my house! I am currently listening to Homicide in Hardback. It's pretty quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much of an exciting life either. Thank goodness for books :) I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you had a quiet week. I normally don't do a lot of stuff myself.

    Here’s my Sunday Post and The Sunday Watch

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...