This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Week in Review #98

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week was a pretty busy week as my father had two doctors appointments, one in a couple towns over. The good thing about that is that there is a bookstore and so I might have got a few vintage books for my collections. :) This store has a section outside that is donation based, so you can donate a dollar or more and pick out books, so it's almost like getting free books. They are not in the best of condition but sometimes I find some pretty decent ones. :)

Our car is having problems again which sucks as it will cost 350 bucks to fix it so saving up the money to do so and in the meantime hoping it don't quit on us before we get it fixed. :(

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of My Vampire Vs. Your Werewolf

Books I have added

  • The Meadowbrook Murders - A YA murder mystery about a young lady in trouble after her friend and her friends boyfriend are found dead and she was in the house when it happened. 

Books I Read

  • My Vampire Vs. Your Werewolf - This was just okay, hope the next one in the series is a bit better as I am curious to continue.
  • Golden Gate - Second book in the City Spies series. I like this series, yes kids are doing things that you wouldn't think but it still feels very middle grade in tone. There is also two adults with them. 
  • Witch Slapped - The third book in the Beechwood Harbor series and it wasn't bad. If you like cozies with all sorts of paranormal beings then you will enjoy this series.
  • A Very Woody Murder - I thought this was okay for first in a new series, but the MC annoyed me at times. I love this author but I think nothing can compare to my favorite series by her Cajun Country Mysteries. 
  • Skandar and the Chaos Trials - The third book in the Skandar series and it was pretty good. This series is for fans of middle grade fantasy lovers. 
  • Summer Knight - The reread for this series is still going great! :) 

Currently Reading

  • The Marlow Murder Club - First in a mystery series and so far it's pretty good. The MC is a seventy something spunky lady. :) 
  • A Bite Above the Rest - Fun middle grade paranormal book where a kid who is not a huge fan of Halloween moves to Samhain a town that does Halloween all year and he is pretty sure his teacher is an actual werewolf, his neighbor a witch and the mayor a vampire. 

How did your week go? Hope you had a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Finding a bookstore in a different town is always fun:-) Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Especially if it has fun vintage books. :)

      Delete
  2. When given lemons, make lemonade! Glad you found a bookstore to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the car. I hope it holds up. Your books look good. I read A Very Woodsy Murder and enjoyed it, but like you I prefer the author's Vintage Cookbook series. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #98

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...