This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Week in Review ~ Where did fall go?

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week started out pretty decent but then the weather just got warmer and warmer. Now next week will be fall but out temps will be very unFall like as it will be in the mid to high 90s.. I don't want cold weather but I was really enjoying the 80s temps.

Also last night I had to say goodbye to my senior dog. Whitney had been with me for 18 years and lived a very long life and I knew it was coming but it was still sad and she will be missed.

:(

Things I have watched:

I finished Darby and Joan it's on Acorn TV and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for a new season to come out. Peacock has Jurassic Park Dominion with premium so I watched that, it was really good. I liked that they decided to combine the old crew from the first movies with the new crew. Maybe it's the time of the year but Peacock also has Vampire Diaries on it and I never finished that series so started watching it...lol. It's okay, I really am watching it for the guy who plays Damon (don't remember his name). :) Oh I will mention for anyone who had read the Vampire Academy books that Peacock has an original series that just came out of VA, I haven't watched it but also never read the books.

Have a great week and happy reading.

Books I have added

 Netgalley

  • Little Red House - This one is a thriller and sounded interesting. 
  • Monster Club - I love a good spooky middle grade book.
  • The Stars Did Wander Darkling - Another middle grade book. 

Books read last week

  • The Sorority Murder - I thought this was a pretty decent thriller.
  • A Duke for Diana - This one was a lot of fun!
  • The Harvest Man - Gruesome but really good, it's book 4 in the Scotland Yard Murder Squad.
  • Zombie Parade - Fun middle grade horror book.
  • Six Feet Deep Dish - Decent start to a series but the MC was a bit annoying.
If you would like to see me ramble a bit about these books check out my youtube channel.

Currently reading

 



  • The Witching Hour - I am making some headway on this one. I am 399 of 1038. It has its moments but boy are the chapters super long!!! Thank goodness for the help of audiobook.
  • The Mouse Watch in Space - This one is cute! I am on page 54 of 215.
  • Elizabeth Webster and the Court of Uncommon Pleas - Just started this audiobook.
  • Spell for Lost Things - I am liking this one fine. I really like Willows POV over Masons. Page 177 of 356.
  • Her Darkest Secret - Not started yet but will be my ebook pick.

What might be up next

 


How was your week? What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. Oh no, so sorry about Whitney😥 But you are lucky you had her for 18 years, wow. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and she was pretty spry and active for her age up till a few months ago. I am just glad she is no longer in pain. I still have my Dresden to keep me company but now she is my only one.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. Can you email me a link to your readathon on YouTube. I will share it in the post next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, she will be missed, she was small and ornery. :) Yes, I will send you the link! Thanks that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no I am so sorry to hear that!

    I do want to see Jurassic PArk Dominion. I've heard mixed things but want to see for myself. And I saw that new Vampire academy series on Peacock. I remember seeing the movie a while back but never read the books... I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Dominion, I thought it was an interesting concept of how things could be with people decide to try and do what they did by bringing dinosaurs back! I also liked how the old movie crew mets the newer movie crew kind of a full circle thing. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Whitney! I lost my senior cat a little over a month ago. Like you, I knew it was coming, but it was still hard to say goodbye. {{{HUGS}}}

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sorry to hear about your cat. They really are a part of the family and it is hard to say goodbye.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about Whitney, it's so hard to lose a dog. It's so hard to say goodbye and the home feels so strange for awhile. The books look great, they're all new to me. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about Whitney. Even when they've had a nice long life it's still hard to say goodbye. After a week of lovely weather it is absolutely broiling today! My dog is not happy about it! I hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...