This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Week in Review #16

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

The first week of the new year is down! Hope everyone has had a great start to the new year. 

I got to start mine off with a bit of pain. I had two wisdom teeth pulled that were nasty and should have been taking out a long time ago, but money is always a factor. They started to really bother me in October of last year and I found a place that was income based and got in and he gave me antiboitics that time and scheduled me for teeth extraction on Jan. 4th.  That was the worst experience of my life! I wasn't fond of dentist and I now never want to see one again. The top tooth came out okay but the bottom one had to be surgically removed and he dug and pushed and drilled and I could feel a lot of it and he tried deading it like 5 times one right in the nerve and OMG it hurt so bad. That was on the 4th and my mouth is still tender and I haven't ate anything solid since the appointment. I have tried but it makes my jaw hurt so not a happy person and hungry. 

Let's hope the rest of January is great! 

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Trying to be good about my grabs, lets see how long that last...lol.

Books read last week

  • Amari and the Great Game - This was a fun sequel and I enjoyed it but I did like the first one better.
  • Clown in a Cornfield 2: Frendo Lives - Slightly better than the first one but still just more of the same from the first one. Felt a bit like the show The Following but decent.
  • No Accident - A young adult thriller that sounded interesting but wasn't.

Currently reading

  • Devil in a Blue Dress - So this is a pick from the new tbr game that I came up with on my youtube channel. My game is a work in progress but I thnk it will be fun. Just started it at 5%.
  • Back of Beyond - Is also a pick from the tbr game. I think it's okay but not really much of a crime mystery thriller to me, not a lot has really happened and I am over 60%.
  • Grilled 4 Murder - An eARC I am working on and one of my favorite series. I am about 17% in.
  • Sew Deadly - A group I am in on discord is doing a read-a-long of this series. It's not bad so far and about 21% into it.
  • The Island - Trying to do a themed vlog for my youtube channel about isolated thrillers and it's not going great as first one was meh and this one is just okay so far and I am 66% in.
  • Lady of Milkweed Manor - This is part of project read my own books or get rid of them. :) I did a try a chapter of five and picked this one. It's not bad but only 37% into it and trying to see how things are going to work for the two MC's as it's a complicated pairing.

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?


12 comments:

  1. Aww sorry to hear about the teeth. I've had all my wisdom teeth out and was lucky, but I did have to have a lower tooth out a few weeks ago and there was drilling involved there too. Not fun! Although it sounds like your experience was a LOT worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry about the teeth. I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not fun having teeth pull out. Hope you feel better and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better this week and that you don't find yourself needing major dental work for a very long time! I have an oral surgery at the end of the month and I think I don't need sedation. I hope not, I don't like getting put under. Fun fact, the last time I had dental work and needed sedation they gave me Ketamine. I hope you have lots of time to read this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisdom teeth are the worst. I had mine out when I was 18 but the drug they used didn't knock me out and I felt everything. I'm so glad yours is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it's done but jaw is still feeling weird. :(

      Delete
  6. I had my wisdom teeth out when I was a teenager and was not a fan. I got lucky that it was pretty easy but I was also 17 and much tougher than I am now! Hope you're feeling better and having a much better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dentist when I was young said my mouth was big enough for them and wouldn't take them out! I wish I remembered him I would like to walk up to him and smack him. :) I am sure it would have went better when I was younger.

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...