This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Week in Review ~ Household almost back to normal


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So this past week was better than the previous one. Dresden is on the mend even though she is still on restrictions so no jumping or climbing and so still stuck downstairs, but we have graduated to the couch and not the floor thank goodness. Dresden does really well staying up on the couch at night, but during the day I am having a lot more problems with her sneaking down and she jumped in dad's lap once. It's hard to keep a fur baby from doing things that are normal for them. October 4th she gets her stitches out and I hope she is cleared to do all the things as I want to be back upstairs in my bed.


It's October! I can't believe it but spooky season is upon us and I kicked off day one by watching the original Psycho. I have read the book but never seen the movie and I was so excited that Peacock Premium has a lot of fun classic and modern day horror and will probably be watching it a lot. Oh and I'm still watching Vampire Diaries, I tis the season...lol. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

https://stormreads75.blogspot.com/2022/09/arc-review-area-51-files-by-julie.html

Books I have added

 Nothing again, what!? :)

Books read last week

 

  • The Mouse Watch in Space - This is a fun series and I did enjoy it but I still think book one is my favorite.
  • Blood River - This was a pretty boring horror book.
  • Area 51 Files - This was a fun middle grade alien books.
  • Forgiving - My forth book by this author that I have really enjoyed so it's safe to say she is a new favorite author and I want to read all her books. :)
  • Omens - This was a strange book but for first in series it was a bit confusing and weird at times but still curioius about next book.
  • Spells for Lost Things - This was an okay/good book but out of the POVs I would have preferred just to read about Willow...lol. Mason was okay but gloomy though his story towards the end does have some sad/happy moments.
  • Claiming Her Legacy - This one was a love inspired inspirational historical romance and I liked it!
I know it seems like a lot but I was in the middle of a lot of books and since Dresden is doing better and I was getting a bit more sleep I could read more. :)

Currently reading

 I am hosting a Hallowtween readathon on my youtube channel and so most of my books this month will be middle grade spookies with a few adult books mixed in. :)

  • The Zombie Stone - I am 108 of 279 so I should get this one finished soon. It's not bad.
  • Closed for the Season - Not started it yet but will probably later tonight.
  • Skeleton Man - On page 40 of 114 so will finish this one today. It's kind of creepy.
  • Station Eternity - This is a cozy mystery type set in space and I am only about 5% into it but it's very weird.

What might be up next

 I think I am going to read some goosebumps, other than that I am not sure yet.

How was your week? What did you get?

10 comments:

  1. It has been a long time since I watched the original Psycho. I think I will do just that! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Dresden is recovering nicely.

    I do enjoy the spooky season for books and movies. I saw the original Psycho a couple of years ago for the first time. It's so good and such an amazing classic.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to know about Peacock Premium. I have the basic version but had Premium briefly to watch One Of Us Is Lying. Maybe I should re- up again to watch some of their horror stuff...

    I am so curious about Station Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Dresden is getting better😁 I'm about 35% into Station Eternity and it's still weird, lol. Not sure yet how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 14% into it and I really don't know how I feel about it...it's very different.

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize Peacock Premium had classic horror movies. I don't read much horror but I do love a good creepy movie! I'm glad to hear you've at least been able to move to the couch though I bet that first night in your regular bed will feel amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peacock has a decent variety of older and not so old horror movies. I love that they have a lot of the classics like Dracula, Wolf Man, etc. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #77

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...