This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Emerald Blaze

 


Barb and I are back with a series we really enjoy! YAY! After you see what I thought go on over to her blog Booker T's Farm and see what she thought. 


As Prime magic users, Catalina Baylor and her sisters have extraordinary powers—powers their ruthless grandmother would love to control. 

When House Baylor is under attack and monsters haunt her every step, Catalina is forced to rely on handsome, dangerous Alessandro Sagredo, the Prime who crushed her heart. 

The nightmare that Alessandro has fought since childhood has come roaring back to life, but now Catalina is under threat. Not even his lifelong quest for revenge will stop him from keeping her safe, even if every battle could be his last. Because Catalina won't rest until she stops the use of the illicit, power-granting serum that's tearing their world apart. 

I really like Ilona Andrews so I pretty much new I would love this series and still enjoying it at book 5!

I feel like it's a really hard one to talk about without spoilers but I will try. So basically it's Urban Fantasy with people who have magic and if you have a lot of magic your called a Prime and the head of your house. People are after the new House Baylor all the time, mainly their grandmother who is awful, so things happened in the last book that has Catalina even deeper into some things that she can't even tell her family about.

When she finds out about this special serum and about this Pit that contains a very scary thing inside of it everything goes crazy. Of course we have Alessandro who is around to protect her even though she doesn't think she needs it. He has a whole story that is all messed up and out for revenge which is why he is how he is but he can't stay away from Catalina, so they are both fighting some really messed up magic stuff. 

I really like Catalina and Alessandra grew on me once you find out more about him. I still like Nevada and Rogan from the first three books. I love Catalina's family they are a hoot! 

My only real gripe is that they left me on a little bit of a cliffhanger as I am not sure if what I think happened did happen and I need to know...lol. So can't wait to get to the next one!

Great for Urban Fantasy fans. 

4 stars

6 comments:

  1. This is one series I'd love to read, if I had more time😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cliffhanger sure got us. I am glad we are almost done but just heard there is probably going to be an arc featuring the youngest sister. Oh well, we will be caught up for a while. The nice thing about reading these now is we don't have to wait for book 6 to be published to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I am glad we didn't have to wait and I am excited to see an ARC of the younger sister, she has a different type of power and I am curious...lol.

      Delete
  3. I've not tried this series and I'm curious now. Enjoyed some of her other books.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...