This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Week in Review #34

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I am so over the rain!!

Okay so having a little health thing so will tell you a bit about it. For a few months I have been having a weird feeling in my chest and short of breathe. I am stubborn so waited but finally went to doctor as my fitbit seems to think I am exercising when I am not doing anything. Heart rate goes up high for no real reason. Doctor took some blood and hopefully this week I will find out if it's something simple. Easy things would be thyroid, anemic, or potassium deficiency. Least worst he said it's because I am unfit and my heart and lungs are having trouble, or it could be Afib or a flutter, worst case heart disease as I do have that running in the family. So fingers crossed it's something simple. It's really a pain that doing the smallest thing makes me out of breathe and my heart rate rise. I am only 48 but feel 88. Prayers and possi vibes welcome.

Okay enough of that bummer stuff! Hope you all have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Waiting on Wednesday: The Ghost Job

Books I have added

  • Nightmare Island - You might have seen this on a Waiting on Wed., I am excited to get this one from Edelweiss and the publisher Scholastic Press. Thank you!!

Books read last week

  • Skandar and the Unicorn Thief - This is an older eARC from last year and I really enjoyed it. Now I can get to the second book that came out this year, it's on hold on libby. :)
  • Emerald Blaze - I really like the Hidden Legacy series! This one left me really needing to get to book six!
  • Peril at Owl Park - This series is so cute! It's a young Agatha Christie and her friend Hector Perot! If you listen to books I suggest the audiobook it's great!
  • Fablehaven - Slow to start but once it gets going it was pretty good!
  • I Want to Eat Your Books - This was a fun rhyming picture book!
  • Zombie Kids- This was a fun zombie book.

Currently reading

  • Field of Screams - I am enjoying this one okay, I am curious to see where it goes. It's an eARC and I am currently at 44%.
  • Cryptid Hunters - It's one of my own print books that was gifted to me by a friend and I am enjoying the adveture book. I am currently on page 223 of 348 so I should be finishing this up soon.
  • Sea of Terrors - The third book in the Once Upon a Tim series. I love Stuart Gibbs MG books and this is cute. It's an ARC on page 40 of 161 so this should get finished soon as well.
  • What Stays Buried - It's a middle grade horror mystery, it's an eARC that has already came out this year and so I am listening to the audiobook and enjoying it I am 36% into this one.
  • Shadow of Night - Loving my reread of this one!! Currently on page 134 of 577.
  • The Only Survivors - My first and maybe last by this author, it's so boring! Barb and I are both struggling...lol. I am listening to it on audiobook and only have an 1 hr and 17 minutes left so will probably finish it today, thank goodness. I am only hanging on as I am curious or I might have DNFed it.

What might be up next

How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. I've had shortness of breath before and it was my thyroid, so hopefully it's something like that. I was on medication for a year and it cleared up. Good luck with the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am hoping it is something easy to fix like thyroid, but he has checked me for that before and nothing, but as we age...blah.

      Delete
  2. Hope you find out soon what makes you so tired and that it's fixed soon! We need our energy to blog, right? Have a good day.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, we all need blogging energy and I have a youtube channel! That sometiimes I am like blah don't want to film. :(

      Delete
  3. Sending lots of positive vibes and prayers! Hopefully it's nothing to oserious. Heart disease runs in my family too so I've had trouble with it. Take care of yourself!

    Cryptid Hunters looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Getting old sucks. Cryptid Hunters is fun if you can suspend your disbelief on what happens with the two kids...lol. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sending you many prayers and good vibes. I hope you get good news. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they get your heart rhythm stuff sorted out. Hopefully it's something easily treated. Rapid heartbeat/palpitations are not fun. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the fingers are crossed that you good easy to deal with news from your doctor. Definitely stressful. I hope you're able to distract yourself with some fantastic reading.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...