This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Hidden Legacy #6

 After the last book I was really eager to see what was going to happen in this one so I asked Barb if we could just continue and finish/caught up with this series. After you read what I have to say then go check out Barbs review at Booker T's Farm.


An escaped spider, the unexpected arrival of an Imperial Russian Prince, the senseless assassination of a powerful figure, a shocking attack on the supposedly invincible Warden of Texas, Catalina’s boss... And it’s only Monday.

Within hours, the fate of Houston—not to mention the House of Baylor—now rests on Catalina, who will have to harness her powers as never before. But even with her fellow Prime and fiancé Alessandro Sagredo by her side, she may not be able to expose who’s responsible before all hell really breaks loose.


I really like this series and there was something at the end of hte previous one that felt like a cliffhanger which is why I wanted continue. 

It's really hard to talk about this without spoiling the others in this series, so I won't say a whole lot. This series is about a world where magic plays a huge part and there are different types of magic users and those with great abilities are called Primes and are the leaders of their house. 

The series has been split up into threes and with a different sister. The first three were about the oldest sister and this three has been about Catalina who is now the leader of House Baylor. Her and Alessandro are still dealing with a huge mess that could be end very badly for a lot of people. 

Alessandro is still focused on finding Arkan and killing him for the death of his father long ago and Catalina is afraid it's consuming him. Something happens to Linus in this one and we got more of his backstory. Combine that with the evil grandmother, and a lot of really powerful primes and it was one action packed ride from start to finish and I very much enjoyed it. 

I really love all the characters in the Baylor family and their friends. It's fun series and I am not sure if I am finished or caught up on this series as there is one more sister left, Arabella, but it depends on if the authors are going to write her storyline or not. I do hope they will but one never knows. I really would love to get Arabella's story as she is a cool magical creature. 

So I want to address that thing I thought was going to be the cliffhanger from book five, nothing about that happened in this book and Barb found a short story on the authors website that deals with it but in a very weak way that was kind of disappoint but at least we found out what we were missing as we were both a bit confusing. 

I am happy to be caught up with this one and enjoyed it a lot. If you like urban fantasy then you will enjoy this series. 

4 stars

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to read this series, but I'm so behind, lol. Glad you enjoyed it😁

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #81

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...