This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Week in Review #37

 

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?

Nothing real exciting happened this week. I did get to hear from my doctor and

well he said nothing abnormal on the monitor read out. He doesn't rule out that

I could have some heart disease but without insurance it's $3000 for a stress test

so that is a no go.

So he also said it's most likely because I am very overweight and I had to come up

with a exercise plan and I also must try and go back to a low carb way of eating

as that worked for me in the past. It's just so hard, I have no will power when it

comes to foods I love. Oh well, guess it's that or worse.

So Friday I started walking and I guess we will see how it goes.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed:

Review of Mr. Mercedes

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Mr. Mercedes - Slightly boring but towards the end it got interesting. :)
  • Payment in Blood - The second book in the Inspector Lynley series and I enjoyed it.
  • Shadow of Night - Reread and loved it just as much as my first time reading it.
  • Sackett's Land - So it's June on the Range so thought I would try a western and thought since this is a popular tv movie series that they would all be westerns but evidently the first few are more action/adventure with sword fights not guns...lol. It was still not bad.
  • Murder Gone Cold - I do better with cowboy romances than actual western...lol. Love this author!

Currently reading

  • Murder in the Scottish Hills - Second book in the Scottish Lady's Detective series but I feel like the author doesn't have enough to write about with just one mystery so she has to put several and then it feels like to much. Like they are investigating art fraud, a possible murder, and now just took a case about a missing taxidermy bird and I am not even halfway through the book and I am hoping that in the end some of these end up going together some how. So for me it's a little slow but I still like it.
  • The Camp - Just dipped into this one but can't wait to read more, this one comes out this month and suppose to be sort of like a Friday the 13th type slasher.
  • Book of Life - Haven't started yet but will tonight. :)
  • Sleight of Paw - I am little over halfway through the audiobook and enjoying it. Second book in the Magical Cat series.

What might be up next

 


How was your week? What did you get?



12 comments:

  1. I miss walking because of the weather, it was either rainy or too hot. I feel it in my bones and elsewhere when I stop walking. Hope it works for you.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/06/sunday-salon-two-books-for-aapi-and-two.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sore all over, but walking...lol. When it's raining I find going to walmart or something like that and walking the store without looking at anything works, then afterwards if I want to look for something I can...lol.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I have to go low carb too since diabetes runs in my family and I'm not exactly young anymore lol. It's an adjustment. Glad your results from the monitor were good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to come up with an exercise plan, too, as per my doctor. Unfortunately, with it being so humid outside, I can't walk which is what I like best. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I have been able to do my walking in the early mornings before it gets to hot, or I can go to walmart or this antique store in the town over and walk it. I walk the isles briskly and don't browse until afterwards...lol.

      Delete
  4. My husband was put on a low carb diet years ago so I basically had to do it too. I felt guilty for eating pizza and pasta when he wouldn't eat it. Of course I go back to my old ways when he's not around, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it's harder when there are others to cook for, it's just me and my dad who I cook for so he has to eat what I eat or starve and well he has diabetes so it's best for him too. :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your health plan. It's hard. I enjoyed the Mr. Mercedes trilogy and hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do plan to continue the Mr. Mercedes Trilogy as I am buddy reading it with a friend, but maybe not back to back...lol.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the exercise and low carb. I've never done well with low carb but I do know that when I exercise regularly I usually feel much better - it's just keeping up with it! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, my whole body aches, but I keep walking. I know I need it and I am very unfit and for my late 40s feel more like 80s and that is just not fun. I don't do well with low carb, I cheat but I am trying. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...