This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Week in Review #38

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So I started walking, it's only about a half a mile but it's a start. I have been doing some chair exercises I watch on youtube and between the two my body aches and hurts. :( Hopefully it will get easier.  I really hate feeling 80 when I am in my late 40s. :(  Also been watching a lot of low carb/keto recipe or what I ate in a day videos on youtube as well. Trying to get in the groove of thinking well that don't look to bad, I can try that...lol. 

That is pretty much what I have been doing for most of last week, so kind of boring but that is my life. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Sleight of Paw - This series is fun, I wasn't sure what I would think of magical cats but they are a lot of fun. This is the second book in the Magical Cat series.
  • The Sea of Monsters - Second Percy Jackson book and enjoying my reread.
  • Fateful words - I actually forgot to mention this one last Sunday so including it here but this was read probably around the first of June. I really liked it and now all caught up again with one of my favorite series.
  • Zero Day - Just decided to go ahead and finish a trilogy and well I think I might have left to much time between the first two books and this one as it was kind of boring and I had forgotten a lot of the characters and well all the fun spider action was in the first two and this one was more political and how they would get rid of the spiders and the military and the president going head to head and yeah blah.

Currently reading

  • Murder in the Scottish Hills - I should have finished this one already but it's just not real interesting. Maybe it's second book syndrome. I really like the characters just feel like not much is happening even though therer are like 4 mysteries though some could be connected eventually. We have two murders, art forgery, and a missing stuffed bird (that mystery already solved), just feels like two much.
  • The Book of Life - Loving my reread and will be working on it all month as I normally read on it before bed.
  • Gin and Dagger - Just starting this one. It is a lot different feeling than the show.
  • The Camp - This one is off to a slow start so hoping it picks up soon but only 11% into it. It's suppose to be a slasher, so hopefully something happens soon!
  • Some Touch of Madness - This one is just okay so far, I am about 34% into the audiobook.
  • Ruby Fever - It's been a very fast paced read, I really enjoy this author! Should finish this tomorrow.

What might be up next

 Not sure. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the exercise routine and low carb diet. I need to walk more myself, especially since my new house is on a hill so it's a great cardio workout just to walk around the neighborhood, lol. Have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fare the exercising has me a sore back lol. :)

      Delete
  2. It will get easier. I've been making an effort to be more physically active this year and 5 months in, it is becoming more routine. I hope The Camp picks up. I am definitely loving Ruby Fever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will get easier if my body doesn't give out first! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been cutting wayyy back on carbs too.

    Your books look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the exercising. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I love the Sofie Kelly series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck getting back into to exercising!

      Delete
  5. I have been flaky with the walking in the past week because of working and also the smoke from the Canadian wildfires. But starting with a short walk and building up is the way to go. The soreness gets better with time.

    You are rereading two series I really like, and it reminds me I should reread them, too. But I'll save my Discovery of Witches reread until September/October. I can never manage the real-time reread of ADOW; I read too fast and tend to devour the book. But I like to reread the whole series around that time of year. (Not every year, though. I reread them last in 2020, so this would be a good year to read them again.) Percy Jackson, though... it's definitely been a while since I read those. I'll see if I can squeeze in the audiobooks this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad that your a fan of Discovery of Witches! I am obsessed...lol. I have read the first book 4 times but this is only my second time for books two and three and I am really enjoying it. I will definitly be doing it again. :) With Percy I wanted to continue with the other spin offs but needed to refresh my memory of this series. :)

      Delete
  6. The more you move the easier it gets but the beginning is not a lot of fun with all the aches and pains! I hope that starts getting better and it starts getting easier soon. I really need to read the magical cat series. I really like her books under Sofie Ryan but I haven't read any of that series. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...