This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Week in Review #39

 

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So the walking is going okay but the chair excercises not so much. Doing the twisty type exercises messed up my back, so doctor said to just walk for now. I am finally getting my back to not hurt. I was on the heating pad for several days on high heat after I rubbed icy hot on it...it worked...lol. Though if I try to do to much twisting it still hurts so I have to be careful.

Not much else to report. Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Books I have added

  • Scarewaves - Middle grade debut from the internet horror superstar who created Creepypasta (I never watched it, so just going of of what netgalley says...lol). Just sounds like a fun one!
  • Scariest. Book. Ever. - A new Goosebump spin off!!
  • Zombie Season - Interesting take on zombies as it seems that the towns only have problems with zombies during the zombie season.
  • Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Lord - I hope this is not to feminist, I didn't notice that word when I grabbed it. It's usually a word that makes me not pick up a book. It's a historical mystery so I do hope I like it.

Books read last week

  • Murder in the Scottish Hills - Didn't like this one as much as the first one but it was still good.
  • Hard Rustler - B. J. Daniels gives me just what I want a fun mystery and sexy cowboys!
  • Smooth Talking Cowboy - This is only my second book by this author and I really liked this one a lot more than the other one I read.
  • Sammy Specter - Cute, short middle grade book about a ghost trying to scare someone.

Currently reading

  • Gin and Dagger - I am about 25% into this one and it's not bad just different reading about Jessica Fletcher and watching (it's my favorite background show).
  • The Book of Life - I am really enjoying my reread. I am at page 166 of 561.
  • Sticking to her Guns - Just recently started this one so I am only 10% into it, but enjoying it.
  • The Camp - I really want to like this one but so far it's boring. They are not at the camp yet so it could get better. 19% into it.
  • Some Touch of Madness - I like this author but this book not so much. :( Around 67% into the audiobook.
  • Reap What You Sew - Not to far into this one, about 17% into it, just not as huge of fan of this series as I am her others. (This is also Laura Bradford)

What might be up next

 Not sure as I am not reading these real fast.

How was your week? What did you get?



12 comments:

  1. Ugh back pain is the worst. Has it gotten hot there? We finally warmed up and it's supposed to be 90's all week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's starting to get hot but not as hot as it should be right now. I do think the 90s are coming.

      Delete
  2. Glad your back is finally feeling better. Boy I hope The Camp improves too! Or else they all die😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back is feeling better. Your books, especially the cozies, look really good. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugggh...some of those exercises can be brutal. I remembered when I pulled my side when I stretched too hard and took me a few days for my side to feel better. Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!



    ReplyDelete
  5. Back twists sound very painful, ugh. I'm glad your doctor said you could stop! Have a good week😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back pain is the worst! I've been known to get a little overly enthusiastic in some of the twisty stretches and it's never a good idea! Glad the walking is still going well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to remember to take it a bit slow with those twisty ones!

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...