This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Week in Review #40

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week has been a very long and tiring week. Still having problems with my heart rate and this week was just blah. Hopefully next week will be better!

I am a little sad as one of my favorite booktubers Janelle from Too Fond of Books passed away a few days ago. She thought she was cancer free after a battle with breast cancer and her and her husband even went and celibrated their 25th anniversary in Scotland and had a blast, but when they got back she thought she had covid but it ended up being something different and they found cancer was in her lungs, didn't take long after that for her to be gone and it just seems to unreal. If you love Historical mysteries or just mysteries really her husband is leaving her channel up and you should check it out she was awesome and will be greatly missed. :(

What you might have missed on my blog

Waiting on Wed. ~ Grave Mistakes
Review of Redwood Bend

Books I have added

  • Mister Lullaby - I read Nightmare Man by this author earlier this year and liked it so I am hoping I will also like his newest one.
  • The Cove - Ran across this one looking for new release I thought might interest me for a 3rd Quarter anticipated and it's always bad for me as I end up grabbing things...lol.
  • The River's Edge - I have enjoyed this authors British crime novels before and it's been a while since I read one of hers so I was excited to see this one.
  • The Sign of Four Spirits - My first grab for 2024! It's one of my favorite series so I always have to grab it up.
  • Death at a Scottish Wedding - My second grab for 2024! I loved book one An American in Scotland so I was excited to see the one for next year up on netgalley. Now do I dive in now or wait...lol.

Books read last week

  • Gin and Dagger - Book 1 in the Murder She Wrote series. Very different from the tv show which I watch all the time but it wasn't bad.
  • Manhattans and Murder - Book 2 in the MSW series and it wasn't bad, but I could only find the audiobook and for some reason they have a British narrator and it was annoying. I know Angela Lansbury is British but Jessica Fletcher was NOT!
  • Reap What You Sew - Book 6 in the Southern Sewing Circle and I am just not a huge fan of this series despite loving this authors (Laura Bradford) other series.
  • Redwood Bend - Book 16 in the Virgin River series, only three more to go! I am kind of sad that I am almost finished. I really love this series.
  • Some Touch of Madness - Book 2 in the Gentlewoman's Guide to Murder and I wasn't a huge fan. It could have just been the atmosphere as it took place in an asylum and it's historical but I also wasn't a fan of the main chacter making me wonder why I liked book one...lol.
  • Ghost, Toast and Other Hazards - This was a cute contemporary story with a bit of a paranormal lean. A Ghost elephant! :)
  • Escape from Grimestone Manor - It's a new series that is kind of like Goosebumps but called Monsterous and in this one three kids get stuck in a amusement park spooky ride where things come to life.
Didn't read much last week so made up for this week...lol. I have been walking and listening to audiobooks which is helping. :)

Currently reading

  • The Book of Life - Still working away at this one but not as quickly as I hoped. I am still really enjoying my reread.
  • Sticking to Her Guns - I haven't worked on this one as much as I would have liked but needed to prioritize the MSW books for a readathon so they jumped the line. 17% into this one.
  • Clara Poole and the Long Way Around - It's an eARC that I just decide to pick up and I am only 5% into it.
  • Death Knells and Wedding Bells - One of my favorite series so wanted to get the last book read. Listening to it and about 85% into it. So might have already finished this by the time this goes up.
  • The Rider of Lost Creek - Getting one more western in for June on the Range, it's not bad but I don't think westerns will be something I read a lot of...lol.

What might be up next

  I need to get to some of my eARCs but not sure what I will pick.

How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. Wow, you read a lot! It's taken me all week to read one book and I'm still not done, lol. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry for the loss of your friend.
    I hope you feel stronger this week

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry tohear that! I hope you have luck with your heart rate, too. I remember when mine got wacky, turned out I had atrial fibrillation at a young age, family history. Hope yours isn't serious and is controlled well.

    I wonder if I'd like a Western lol .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did get through a lot of books. So sorry to hear about Janelle. I watched her husband's video which was so touching. Some great grabs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Janelle. Cancer sucks. I hope you're able to get the heart rate issues dealt with. That can't be fun. I'm about halfway done with the Eva Gates series and am really looking forward to finishing it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #81

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...