This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Week in Review #45


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Not much going on but on August 1st I will be having the stress test to see if they find anything out about my heart. So any possi vibes and prayers are welcome! I am a bit nervous.

It's been nice and hot here and although I would prefer it to be in the 80s compared to high 90s I am still enjoying summer and so I am good. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Mystery in the Highlands
Review of The Housemaid

Books I have added

  • The Night House - A horror book about a kid who has to move in with some relatives and then witness another kid get sucked into a telephone receiver at a phone booth. Not read this author but this sounded interesting and the cover was cool...lol.
  • Murder by Degrees - New historical mystery series and I am a sucker for historical mysteries. :)

Books read last week

  • The Housemaid - I thought this was a decent thriller though not sure how I feel about the ending.
  • Lying in the Deep - This one is probably my favorite YA thriller from this author.
  • Doom in the Deep - This was a fun sequel to Camp Murderface that leaves it open just enough that the author could write another one if he would like, but I think it wrapped up the two books nicely.
  • Murder at the Mayfair Hotel - Nice start to a historical mystery series and I will be continuing hopefully soon. :)

Currently reading

  • Pencilvania - This one is okay but a bit slow. I did manage to get to 49% so I am hoping it picks up some.
  • Mystery at the Palace Westminster - It's not really grabbing me so I haven't been reading it much so only 23% into it.
  • Castaway - I am hoping to get this done soon, I am currently on 188 of 296.
  • Christmas Bride - Same with this one as I am on 164 of 244.
  • The Paris Agent - The only audiobook I am currently listening too and it's a bit slow going as it's Historical Fiction about WII, first this is not a favorite era to read, but it has a bit of mystery to it and I was curious but it has three points of views and I am slightly confused, so just listening a bit at a time. I am currently 54% so I should finish this week.

What might be up next

 Lots of historical romance for a Romance Readathon I am participating in on Youtube that is team based and inspired by Bridgerton, I am on team Bluestocking! :)

How was your week? What did you get?


8 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers and best wishes to you! The Housemaid looks good. I have thrillers piling up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Night House too! Buddy read??? Sending positive thoughts for your stress test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your stress test! I'll be sending good thoughts your way:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get good results from the stress test and that you don't experience any nausea from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive vibes and prayers that you will get answers from your stress test very soon and it will be all good or at least manageable! I'll be very curious to see what you think of the Kelly Rimmer book. I dnf'd a book by her because it was very angsty and agenda driven but this one sounds good. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought The Paris Agent was okay.

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...