This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Week in Review #48


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone! So I got the calcium score done and the results seem to say I am just fine, so I am just overweight and that is what must be causing all my problems. So I need to crack down on the foods I am eating but it's so hard with prices these days as to eat healthy is SO expensive. Need to try and do something besides just walking too but not sure what as it's hard to get this body doing much as my knees and feet hurt. Anyway enough of this stuff on to something fun!

So Dad wanted this pup my brothers in-laws found and I didn't, but he kept talking about it so I am like fine. So now I have a pain in the butt in my house also known as Rascal. Dresden doesn't like him, doesn't want anything to do with him, she keeps running upstairs to get away from him. This is going to be a long few months. I have never seen Dresden bear her teeth and bite before now. :( He is a really loveable dog and once we get through the everything including me is a chew toy phase I am sure he will be great, if I can just make it to that point without losing my sanity. :) Not the best of pictures, hopefully I will get better ones later, he is so hyper it's hard to get any that are good.



What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Finders Keepers 

Books I have added

  • There's No Way I'd Die First - A spine-tingling contemporary horror-comedy novel that follows a scary-movie buff as she hosts an elaborate Halloween bash but soon finds the festivities upended when she and her guests are forced to test their survival skills in a deadly game. Sounds cool, right? :)

Books read last week

 This week I listened to a lot of shorter audiobooks. Especially after the pup got here because the audiobooks travel around my house with me better than anything else...lol. Chasing a pup is a full time job when at home. We have a training cage for when not home.

  • The Dead Man in the Garden - Finished this one on last Sunday and it was cute. 
  • The Dangerous Man - Finally finished one of my print books and I really enjoyed it! This finished up a trilogy.
  • My Kind of Christmas - The 18th book in the Virgin River series, so sad that we only have one book left but at the same time exciting that Barb and I will  have buddy read the entire series! We will finish this series up next month.
  • The Highwayman - First in the Victorian Rebel series and I am not sure if a more darker type of historical is my thing or not but will try another from this series to see.
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress - This was an okay Harlequin Historical, I think I would have liked it more if there wasn't a secret child trope which I am not a fan of in it. 
  • Fantasticland - Horror book that reminded me of a bit more brutal and gory Hunger Games and I liked it. (I didn't like Hunger Games...lol) Some people get stranded in an amusement park after a hurricane and it become a survival of the fittest. The real horror to me is that I could imagine something like this happening because of the way the world is these days even if this was set in the 70s.
  • Rogue Gunslinger - I haven't found a B.J. Daniels book I haven't enjoyed. I mean we have cowboys and intrigue, it's all I need. :)
  • Rogue Defender - See statement above. Enjoyed it too.
  • A Call For Kelp - The fourth book in the Seaside Cafe series and I liked it. Only three more to go to finish the series.

Currently reading

  • The Gilded Web - I am almost done with this print book! I have mixed feelings about it but still liking it okay. I am currently on page 362 of 449, so hope to finish tonight or tomorrow.
  • The Black Lyon - Since I finished one print book and almost another I have added one into the fold. :) At least this one is shorter...lol.
  • Murder on Union Square -  The only audiobook I am currently listening too and I should finish by tonight or tomorrow. I am 75% in to it. It's the 21st book in the Gaslight series. Getting closer to catching up to it as it's still ongoing.

What might be up next

  • A Kingdom of Dreams - Another Print book that I would like to try and get too if I can, it's a chunky one though!

How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. Poor Dresden but Rascal is adorable. I'm sure he can help with the exercise part of losing g weight😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is for sure, he tries to run me and I am like nope that is not happening...lol.

      Delete
  2. Rascal is really cute, but yeah, puppies are a ton of work! Good luck with Dresden too. I'm really interested in Fantasticland. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems so long since Dresden was a puppy that I forgot how much energy they have!

      Delete
  3. Adorable doggy pics. Good luck with the exercising. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaw, Rascal is such a cutie. Every now and then I think about getting another dog. Then I remember how much work they are as pups. Maybe some day I'll adopt an adult one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was wanting an adult one, but then this one came up for grabs. I do agree with getting an adult one as they need love.

      Delete
  5. Eating healthy is tough! I struggle because I like to eat out a lot and that of course is the worst thing you can do lol! Good luck with the doggy situation. Hopefully they'll become fast friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like eating out to much too! Dad doesn't help because he offers to grab food out and I hate cooking. :(

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...