This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Week in Review #69

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Can you believe it's February all ready! It brought along with it some weirdly nice weather and I am so not complaining...lol. It's been in the 50s!

So for February you will see a lot of fun retro romances as I host on Youtube a Retro Romance Readathon. It's fun seeing what everyone is reading for it as I just love retro romances, especially historical romance! The only downfall is that most of them I can't get on audiobook or ebook so lots of eyeball reading as I have a giant collection of them that I need to work on reading. :) I have tubs and tubs of them and hopefully one day I will have some bookshelves in a room to put them out on...lol.

Reading the retros has me watching more retro romance movies on Freevee. It doesn't have to be romance on the movies so I watched Hard Evidence, Charade, The Inheritance, The Proposition and Jane Eyre. :)

Hope you all have had a great start to February! Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Haunted
Review of End of Watch

Books I have added

 Nothing! :)

Books read last week

  • A Body on the Doorstop - One of the three books I was racing time in the last couple days of January to finish...lol. I enjoyed it overall but at the same time it wasn't the best start to a series. I did like the characters though so will try book two. This was an eARC.
  • The Wandering Hour - Middle Grade Horror, but light on horror, felt more light sci-fi but I enjoyed it and will be curious about the next book in the series. This was an eARC.
  • Haunted - In my quest to read anything Heather Graham, I had talked Barb into buddy reading this one and it's the first in a series so I am hoping book two is better as this wasn't a huge hit but mainly because of the male main character. This was a print book I own.
  • Key to Deceit - I enjoyed the first book I read in January and so started this one at the end of Jan. and finished it up on February first. Love my historical mysteries and this was another hit. I listened to this one.
  • Pecos Bill - Participating in a friends readathon called Folklore February so grabbed three graphic novels for it. These three are my favorite tall tales. I just love Pecos Bill and this was very short only 40 pages.
  • Paul Bunyan - Another short one at 40 pages. Who doesn't like the giant of a man and his blue ox!
  • John Henry - Again it was 40 pages. The man who was born with a hammer in his hand. :)
  • Beneath a Blood Read Moon - This is Heather Graham but under a different name and the first in a paranormal vampire series and I really enjoyed this one!! It's part of my reading for the Retro Romance Readathon as it's from 1999. Reminding me of how much I use to love paranormal romances! I listened to this one and now I am on the hunt for this book in print with this cool retro cover! :)

Currently reading

  • Beware the Huntsman - This is a book I own, isn't that just an awesome cover!! I love my retro romances...lol. I am really liking this one so far, I am almost finished. It's from 1975 and a Harlequin Romance.
  • Satan's Angel - Another one of my retro romances I own. I just love retro covers! This is the very first Harlequin Historical and from 1988. It's a western romance and I am only one chapter into it so I don't have a clear opinion except I think the female is kind of dumb but hoping it was just the one situation...lol.
  • The Outlaw and the Lady - This is a retro romance I have going on audiobook. It's from 2001 (can you believe I can count books up to 2004 as retro!). I liked some of her newer books I read last year so went hunting for an older one to try. I am about 50% into it and it's been interesting. The female main character is blind.
  • Fatal First Edition - This is an eARC that I have and a buddy read with Barb. We both love this cozy mystery series. I just started so like about 4% into it and no opinion but I am sure it will be great! It's my break from the retros...lol.

What might be up next

 More retro romances! :)

How was your week? What did you get?


7 comments:

  1. Retro Romance Readathon sounds like fun. I used to read only romances and I loved those old Harlequin movies. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retro romance sounds like a fun genre, good luck with your event. And enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the weather has warmed up a bit. I really hope it stays. Sounds like you've had a good reading and watching various things. I hope you have a great week.

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-54/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this month blew by! We finally had sun today, it's been weeks!

    Bunyan- I remember those reads growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are supposed to have 50s the next 5 days - I'll take it. Beneath a Blood Red Moon does have a wonderful original cover so I hope you find it. I'll keep an eye open for it at my used bookstore as well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. January was a challenging month so I'm very glad to see February and we thankfully are getting warmer weather too! I'm almost done with Fatal First Edition and am really enjoying it. I hope you do as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...