This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Monday, February 12, 2024

Week in Review #70

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So better late than never right! I would have put this up yesterday but I was doing a factory reset on my computer and it took longer than I thought and then I just forgot...lol.

The weather here is so strange, as a few days ago it was almost 70 degrees and now there is three inches of snow on the ground and cold! I knew February was looking to get to be true, I knew it would bit us at some point...lol.

Still watching a lot older romance movies on freevee, now kind of moved on to Film Nior, Humphrey Bogart type stuff. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing! :)

Books read last week

  • Beware the Huntsman - One of my fun retro romances. This one is from 1975 and I enjoyed it.
  • The Outlaw and the Lady - This one was pretty good too. I am really liking Lorraine Heath so far from the three books I have read of hers.
  • This Matter of Marriage - The prize of the week! 5 stars I loved it!

Currently reading

  • Seen and Not Heard - This one is different. It's a romantic suspese from 1988 and I am just not sure about it yet. It has a lot of characters and it's just strange.
  • The Dragon's Cave - This one is from 1973 and it's an age gap romance that some might say ick too but I am enjoying it so far.
  • Goblin Court - This one is from 1976 and the same author of Beware the Huntsman I read last week. So far I am enjoying this one too.

What might be up next

 More Retro romances. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


8 comments:

  1. Your weather sure is crazy. We are expecting a cool down after having almost 60s but no snow like you are. Hope you're enjoying your retro reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a strange winter and I am really enjoying my retros. :)

      Delete
  2. Those 70's covrs are bomb. And snow! We had flurries today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 70s to snow, that's crazy. I'm curious about the maybe "ick" age gap romance now, lol. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up liking the 'ick' romance...hehehe.

      Delete
  4. I do love the retro covers but am usually not a big fan of the romances themselves. These look fun though. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have liked them, but then I do have a different take on a lot of things as I prefer these to present day books...lol.

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...