This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Week in Review #76 ~ Happy Easter!

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I can't believe that March is almost over! Happy Easter to those who are celibrating!

The weather here has been a bit up and down but for the most part not to bad. I do feel bad for anyone still getting cold and snow because blah. I am reading for full on warm weather!!!

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of The Unseen 

Books I have added

  • Death at a Scottish Christmas - 3rd book in what is fast becoming a favorite series so I have high hopes for this one!
  • The Hitchcock Hotel - A Hitchcock fanatic with an agenda invites old friends for a weekend stay at his secluded themed hotel. This just sounds fun! 
  • If Something Happens To Me - I have had good luck with liking this authors thrillers so I am hoping the new one will be good too!
  • The No Brainer's Guide to Decomposition - The MC's father works at  Central Texas Forensic Anthropology Research Facility with a Body Farm and Zombies start coming up from the corpses. 
  • The Neighbors' Secret - This just looks like a cute middle grade mystery. 

Books read last week

So I missed last week. I will be putting two weeks worth of reading which actually wasn't that much!

  • The Thin Man - This book was a lot of fun! I was worried because I didn't like The Maltese Falcon by this author but this was so totally different. 
  • Peril at End House - 8th book in the Hecule Poirot series and enjoyable.
  • Lord Edgware Dies - 9th book in the Hecule Poirot series and I liked it but reading these two sort of back to back I noticed they had the same sort of ending which was weird.
  • The Unseen - I love this series and this one was really good.
  • Murder on Trinity Place - 22nd book in the Gaslight series, I love this series! 

Currently reading

 Been in a bit of a funk the last few weeks of March so not reading much.

  • Some of us Are Looking - 2nd book in the County Kerry Mysteries and a bit gruesome but I am liking it. 

What might be up next

In April I am participating in Old School April (Booktube event) so I will be reading and watching a lot of nostalgic and retro books! Loving all this old school book reading I have been doing.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter. I'm so excited about the next Lucy Connolly. I've really been enjoying that series. I also really want to try the Carlene O'Connor series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! I just requested The Hitchcock Hotel too, it sounds so good😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a copy of The Hitchcock Hotel as well. I can't believe March went by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. March was mediocre for me too! Hopefully April will be awesome.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...