This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Two Bloggers One Book ~ The Rats by James Herbert

It's Old School April (a readathon I am participating in) and so I wanted to read some older horror and I got Barb to read one with me. So once you see what I thought go on over to Booker T's Farm and see what Barb thought. 


For millions of years man and rats had been natural enemies. But now for the first time - suddenly, shockingly, horribly - the balance of power had shifted and the rats began to prey on the human population.

This book is from 1974 and it was pretty much a fun ride of just killer rat action. Don't expect much plot...lol.

So some scientist guy decides it's a good thing to breed a rat with a virus to some sewer rats and well it doesn't go well because now there are some large rats just going around eating everyone. 

There are some who are trying to figure out how to get rid of the rats, meanwhile the rats are running rampant. And that is pretty much the story and it was fun. :) 

Now, there are a lot of animal deaths in this one because rats don't care if your human or animal when killing so be aware of that, but if you just want a fun fast paced killer animal book then this is it. :) But if you want a book with a lot of plot this is not it. 

3.5 stars for fun killer rat action. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read this but it sounds like fun. How can you go wrong with killer rats?😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you warned me about the dogs which had me somewhat prepared. It was a good creature feature other than that.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...