This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Two Bloggers One Book ~ Nighwing

 So I talked Barb into this one and I am sure she will get me back...lol. It was Old School April last month so I wanted to read some creature feature books. I found this one on audiobook and was like bats cool. Well, maybe not...lol. After seeing what I have to say go check out what Barb has to say at Booker T's Farm.


Vampire bats: Evil. Clever.


Deadly.

Driven by blood-hunger across the American landscape, they bred and multiplied, unseen and unsuspected, each one a grisly messenger of death. No warm-blooded creature is safe from their thirst. Now, as darkness gathers, the sky is filled with the frantic motion, the maddening murmur of . . . Nightwing.

I will start with saying that I think the blurb on goodreads should have included some things like Native American politics and that it was mostly that and not bats. I feel a bit mislead. 

Youngman Duran is the MC of this book and he was in the military but now a cop and there are a lot of Native American politics between Hopi and Navajo which took up the bulk of this book. It's also has a lot to do with Native American mysticism and supernatural rituals. 

Youngman's old friend sort of wanted to wipe out everyone and does a ritual but ends up dead, but now we have a lot of vampire bats. Though the parts with the bats are few and far between even if gruesume kills.

Yeah that is about all I remember from this book. I think I checked out at some point while listening to it and just didn't really care much. I wanted a creature feature not a suspense thriller with Native American politics thrown in. 

This author writes a Russian crime series and I am curious if he does a better job at it since to me he didn't do very good with horror. 

2 stars

2 comments:

  1. The cover is very misleading, it sort of screams "bats" and horror. Sorry this didn't work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am plotting my revenge at this very moment. Not really though.

    ReplyDelete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1)

 Okay so I have read this entire series, or at least up to what has been published as it's not finished. I am still ticked off at the au...