This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1)

 Okay so I have read this entire series, or at least up to what has been published as it's not finished. I am still ticked off at the author for what he did in the lastest book, but it is one of my favorite series. It had been a long time since I read book one and I have been talking about a reread and one of my Youtube subscriber/discord friends, Amy, wanted to reread the series and asked if I would want to and I said yes! So I dragged Barb along with me though I didn't have to tug on  her to hard...lol. So don't forget to check out her review at Booker T's Farm after you read mine. 


HARRY DRESDEN — WIZARD

Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things—and most don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a—well, whatever. There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks.

So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get interesting.

Magic-It can get a guy killed.

Harry is the only wizard in the Chicago phone book and he is also very low on funds. He ends up taking a missing husband case and not long after than Murphy, a police detective who has used his help on cases before calls and needs him to come check something out. 

Harry helps on occasion when there is something very strange going on with a case, they are reluctant to use his help, but sometimes it can't be helped. Especially when the murder victim this time has had his heart explode. 

So Harry gets involved in some things that could very well get him in a lot of trouble too as he is not on the good side of the wizard council anyway and some think he could be the person doing the killings. Then it seems the missing husband could be into things that are not good and might be connected to what is happening with the other case. 

I love Harry he is snarky and fun. He has a lot of interesting friends and acquantinces. I love Toot Too the little fairy who loves pizza, Bob the talking skull, Mister and more. I will admit that I couldn't remember a lot of what happened in this one. I forgot how much the counsil didn't like him, especially the guy who is suppose to be watching over him. Just little things that as there are currently 17 books you kind of forget, so I am really excited to be rereading this series. 

If you like this series and like audiobooks, I really suggest you give the audiobooks a try as James Marster (Spike from Buffy) is awesome as Harry!

4.5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe I haven't read this yet. It might be a fun series to try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1)

 Okay so I have read this entire series, or at least up to what has been published as it's not finished. I am still ticked off at the au...