This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Week in Review #87

 

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Wow, is the whole US hot or what! Now I like summer but I am not ready for 90s to 100s just yet. I really am a nice 70s to low 80s kind of gal. Thank goodness for the AC. :) 
I didn't do anything spectacular to chat about last week so I have nothing to talk about...lol.
Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • Death in a Scottish Castle - Book 4 of the Scottish Ladies Detective Agency. I have enjoyed this series so had to grab the new one from Netgalley! Thanks Netgalley and Bookouture!

Books read last week

  • Methods of Malice - Book #7 in the Hope Street Church mystery series. Set around a bible studdy group, but I wouldn't call this series Christian Fiction, it just has a church as it's setting. I have really enjoyed this series. I pretty much like all of Ellery Adams series that I have read.
  • Bar - 20 - Well, it was a western so it had action in it but I don't really have a lot to say about it. I don't think I am going to turn into a western fan but reading them on occasion isn't to bad. 
  • Mari and the Curse of El Cocodrilo - This was a cute middle grade story with Cuban mysthology.
  • The Stranger in the Library - This is the 11th book in the Lighthouse Library series and one of my favorite series so I really enjoyed it. Now I am all caught up again. 

Currently reading

  • While Still We Live - This one readathon I am doing isn't giving me time for this book but I am on page 145 of 444. I am not sure what I think of this one as it's more centered around WWII than her first book was and I am not much on war books.
  • The Missing Body - I don't often sign up for tours but I like this author and the publisher so I did and now I need to make sure I get it read in time and July is fast approaching so I had to get started on it. I don't make a enough time these days for eyeball reading...lol. I am about 8% into the eARC.
  • Peaches and Scream - This was for a readalong I am doing with a cozy mystery youtube group. I am almost finished which is good because we discuss it today...lol.

What might be up next


Not sure, but I do have one other western I would like to try and get in for June on the Range if I can. 

8 comments:

  1. It's pretty hot here too, mid 80s, which doesn't sound hot but for some reason it feels hot, lol. Stay cool, Stormi😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take the mid 80's compared to what we have now...lol.

      Delete
  2. Seems like everyone is experiencing all these hot temps. I prefer staying inside with the a/c and my books. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty hot where I am too. Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely hot. And humid. I have been avoiding the outdoors as much as I can.

    The Scottish Ladies Detective Agency books look fun. And I should catch up on the Lighthouse Library series; I'm quite a few books behind by now.

    Have a good week, and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ridicously hot here too but today it's cooler but it's about to storm so I'm not sure how much better that is! I've really enjoyed the Lighthouse Library series! I'm very sad that I'm all caught up. Hope you're having a great week - and what would we do without a/c?

    ReplyDelete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

Continuing our read of the Dresden Files as we read one each month. I love this series and it's a reread for me, but I couldn't reme...