This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Week in Review #96

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Well the temps were a bit cooler this week which during the day was nice but we have some nights dipping into the 40s and I am not ready for that...that is not right! Especially since it's still Summer! Our summer has been pretty decent this year which makes me worry a bit about the colder months so I am so not ready for this. I am holding on to  Summer as tight as I can! :) 

I didn't do a whole lot worth chatting about. I did go to some thrift stores with friends and picked up some vintage books for my collection. I didn't take a pic of them to show off as there was a few...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added


Nothing for review.

Books I Read

Had a Middle Grade reading week...lol.
  • Summer Vamp - This was a cute little graphic novel. I was a bit mislead as I thought it would be a little spooky as she looks afraid on the cover...lol. 
  • Moon Madness - The second book in the Camp Sylvania series and it was okay but I liked book one more. 
  • Ravenfall - This was a reread as I want to continue the series and my brain was a bit fuzzy on the details. I really liked it and hope to get to book two sometimes this month.
  • Trapped in the Horror Dome - This was a tiny bit spooky or I think some might think it was because of the monster and the fact they are running out of oxygen. It's probably my favorite in the Monsterous series. If you like Goosebumps you would like this series.
  • Spy Ring - A good mystery about two kids looking into a ring that is suppose to be from a female spy in one of the kids soon to be stepdads family. Blends some history with fiction and then at the end the authors note goes a bit into a little to much detail about the actual historical facts. Story end at about 88%  and the rest was authors note. Still it was good.
  • Theodora Hendrix and the Curious Case of the Cursed Beetle - The second book in the Theodora Hendrix series and it was super cute with some really fun graphics. 

Currently Reading

  • My Vampire Vs. Your Werewolf - Not sure about this one as it's suppose to be middle grade but feels a little adult or the kids are acting more adult that kid. First in a new series.
  • Assignment in Brittany - My third spy book from this author. It's okay but I will admit to feeling a bit lost.
  • The Hitchcock Hotel - Not liking this one like I hoped. I feel like some I know will like this more than me. I am giving it till 30% and if I still don't care I am bailing. I don't care if it was a review book if I don't like it I am not torturing myself.

How did your week go? Hope you had a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't started The Hitchcock Hotel yet, but I hope I like it better than you do:-) Good luck with the cold nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will, a lot of books I don't like you love. :)

      Delete
  2. I have The Hitchcock Hotel on my wish list. I'm sorry you aren't liking it. I enjoy going through thrift stores, especially going through their books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thrifting for books is my favorite thing. :)

      Delete
  3. We've had temps start moving down at night, into the low sixties and the fifties. I enjoy fall nights. I finished a couple of books last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60's and high 50s I am okay with but not 40s.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...