This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Week in Review ~ A New Start

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So this is my first Sunday Post here on the new blog. Hopefully some of my buddies from when I had my wordpress blog will subscribe to me over here as I made the decision to downgrade to a free blogger blog as I haven't been posting as regularly as I use to and didn't need that little bit of extra money the hosting took each month. 

Not much happened this week besides me trying to figure out how to use blogger again. I started messing with this one back in May but then didn't for a while, but since my domain name for Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!  was expiring it kicked me into gear to get this one going. :) 

Things were going pretty good for the week till yesterday and our internet messed up. I think it has something to do with our provider which is our telephone company so they were closed today. The thing is I have wifi, but no service, so my phone has hotspot on it so I hooked the wifi up to the hotspot on my phone and we could get on our computers and stream tv, but not all at once because it's not that strong...lol. At least it saved me from being very bored. I let dad stream tv and watched Scarecrow and Mrs. King as I have the whole four seasons on dvd. :) 

Have a great week and happy reading! 

Books I have added

Netgalley: 

  • Wyoming Winter Rescue - Just couldn't pass up a good cowboy winter setting...lol. 
  • Murder at an Irish Castle - Start of a new series and I am hoping I will like this one more than the other cozy set in Ireland that I have tried as I love a good Irish setting!! 

Books read last week

  • The Witch Haven - I enjoyed this YA witchy book and I am curious about the second book.
  • How to Steal A Dragon's Sword - Book 9 in the How To Train Your Dragon series and I think this series is a lot of fun but mainly because I listen to the audiobook narrated by David Tennant!
  • Good Dog's Guide to Murder - When I seen the audiobook dropped for this on hoopla it was sort of a drop all others and listen as I really enjoy this series, bad thing is now to wait another year for another one...lol. 
  • Alliana, Girl of Dragons - This is set in the Eva Evergreen world and I didn't know that going in til I met a girl named Nela Evergreen. I have been told it's a standalone in the same world and someone said a prequel, so hope so as I do hate reading out of order!! Still it was a good cinderella retelling. 
  • Be My Ghost - First in the Haunted Haven series and not a bad start to a series. 

Currently reading

 

  • Spells for Lost Things - Just getting started with this one on page 48 of 356 and it comes out this month so need to get with it! It's a YA romance with maybe a hint of magic. Takes place is Salem so was curious. :) Just hope it's not to angsty..lol.
  • The Harvest Man - Doing a September challenge dealing with series and a prompt was a series you have been working on a long time and well The Scotland Yard Murder Club fits that real well. I have this one and one more left in the series so I really need to wrap that series up! Page 220 of 400! 
  • The Mouse Watch in Space - I really liked the first two in this series and then forgot this new one had came out till I seen it at the library while looking for middle grade spooky books. :) Just started it.
  • A Duke for Diana - This is an eARC that I am behind on but also fit a series prompt for challenge and I am really enjoying it about 24% into it. 
  • The Witching Hour - This is a buddy read or at least an attempt...lol Barb and I are taking two months to read this chunky beast it's like 1100 pages and I am only on chapter two but almost 4 hours into the 50 hour audiobook! I do have a print book as well but this thing is dense and I knew I would not get through it without some audio help. :)
  • The Sorority Murder - Had this one on overdrive and just decided to start it yesterday. I am 2 hours and 24 minutes into this one and it's been interesting so far. 

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy your magical realism books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog! Hopefully I'll be notified about new posts. On Blogger I wasn't getting any notifications which is why I may have missed some posts. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks beautiful! I like a good cowboy winter story too lol Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new blog. And ooh Scarecrow and Mrs King. I haven't heard that one in a while!

    Six Feet Deep makes me want pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh Scarecrow and Mrs. king was my favorite show growing up well besides Murder She Wrote lol.

      Delete
  5. Free is good right now! I like the new blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free is great right now especially when I see the prices at the grocery store!

      Delete
  6. I’m curious as to why you didn’t just switch to a free WP rather than change to blogger, but I’m glad you got it worked out.
    I hope you are continuing to enjoy your many reads

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, it's because I had blogger before wordpress and so I didn't think about the free version of wordpress just knew there was blogger which I had used before. It's a little different now than it use to be but not to different. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Stormi. I love your new blog. I saw your comment on Laura's fuonlyknew and hopped right over.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blog and it makes so much sense to drop the hosting fee! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #77

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...