This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Review of Faithless by Karin Slaughter

 


We are back with another book in the Grant Count series by Karin Slaughter. It's been kind of an up and down ride with this series. After you check out what I have to say go over to Barb's blog @ Booker T's Farm for her thoughts.


Title:
Faithless by Karin Slaughter

Rating: 3 stars

The victim was buried alive in the Georgia woods–then killed in a horrifying fashion. When Sara Linton and Jeffrey Tolliver stumble upon the body, both become consumed with finding out who killed the pretty young woman. For them, a harrowing journey begins, one that will test their own turbulent relationship and draw dozens of life into the case.

For as Jeffrey and Sara move further down a trail of shocking surprises and hidden passions, neither is prepared for the most stunning discovery of all: the identity of a killer who is more evil and dangerous than anyone could have guessed.


It's been an interesting ride with this series as I really enjoyed the first two but wasn't a huge fan of the third one and I actually DNFed the fourth one and well this one was just sort of okay. I am a bit happy there is only one left!

In this one we have a horrible killing of a woman in burried alive in a box and the way she was killed was just awful. It leads Jeffery to her family who is a bit different and have a certain way of doing things and are not real big on talking to the police.

There are also more things going with Lena that is a whole thing all on it's own. She works with the Sheriff and even that has been an interesting arrangement that is hard to explain and must be read, but she is a totally messed up character and hard to picture as a cop.  She is a very unlikable character and there are even times when you think she can redeem herself and then she does something stupid all over again. 

Also more things going on with Sarah and Jeffery and I swear it seems like just when I think I will start to like them being together one of them does something stupid which makes for a not so great read. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the storyline in this one but it was interesting to find out who the killer was even though I was kind of sure I knew where it was headed. I was a little bummed about what happened to a character at the end and then the thing that Lena does at the end I am just not sure I am on board with and really want something to happen to her character.

Anyway, not real sure I am going to like where this series is headed with the ending but I will be glad to finish it up with the last book and be done. 

Have any of you read this series? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series and I probably wouldn't since each book seems to go downhill for you, lol. But with one book to go, you should finish the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps that I am buddy reading it with Barb and we can complain together...lol. :)

      Delete
  2. So frustrating when a series that has so much potential goes astray. I'll probably pass on this series but I do want to read more from this author.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...