This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Week in Review #7

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

The week started out a bit gloomy with it being cold and rainy and it's ended with cold and rain and well still raining, blah. We actually really did need the rain but it just makes it so cold this time of year. Since it was rainy I didn't do much with my down time but read cuddled up with a blanket!

I lead a very boring life if you can't tell as I never have anything to talk about. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

- The Twig Man Review 
- Faithless Review

Books I have added

 

  • A Sinister Revenge - Just look at that cover!!! I love this series (though the last book disappointed me a tad bit as it didn't make it to my top favorite books like all the others in this series) Im still excited to get this one in hopes that the author fixed what I didn't like and put things back to right!

Books read last week

 

Splitting what I read into sections because I did a reading project and well it looks like I read a ton but I think the longest audiobook in my R.L. Stine reading was 4 hours and so at 2x speed these books only took a few days to listen too. I really had fun reading R.L. Stine. :)
  • 5 Goosebump books - I read 1-5 and they were fun, I did like some more than others.
  • 2 Nightmare Room books - I had never heard of these! Read books 1&2 and found these were kind of like a level above Goosebumps but still sort of like them just a little bit longer.
  • 1 Fear Street relaunch book - Couldn't get my hands on an audiobook of the original Fear Street so read a relaunch and even though it's for teens I didn't find it real scare and think older middle graders could enjoy them.
  • Murder on the Poet's Walk - I enjoyed this one and this keeps me caught up on the series!
  • Red Rover - Freaking creepy dog! I liked it.
  • Faithless - This was okay but I am a bit hit or miss with this series.
  • The Stars Did Wander Darkling - This was a let down, I wasn't a huge fan. :(

Currently reading

 

  • Reckoning - I love this spooky middle grade series, it's probably one of the creepiest series I have ever read for middle grade. This is book three and the newest one and I am hoping to get it done by the end of October but not sure if that will happen.
  • Pretty Dead Queens - This is an eARC that I started and just leasurely reading on and enjoying so far.
  • Vacancy - This was a recommendation from one of my subscribers on YouTube so wanted to get it in and should finish it today as it was only a 4 hour audiobook.
  • Midnight Bayou - Just read this and only read a chapter.

What might be up next

 Okay so I did something adventureous and let a friend on my discord pick my tbr for November and she is determined to make me a Nora Roberts lover! LOL So expect lots of Nora Roberts reading to be happening along with a few Cozies she picked out. This could either be a lot of fun or scary but anyway it's #NoraNovember! :)

How was your week? What did you get?

12 comments:

  1. Ok I love the idea of someone picking my TBR, but I think it would be a little scary, lol. Have a great week Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well either everyone thinks it's cool too or it's the Nora Roberts part but it's my most watched and commented on TBR video on my booktube channel...lol.

      Delete
  2. I used to read everything by Nora Roberts. I loved her books. I haven't read any in recent years because there are so many authors and books out there. I want to read everything. LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to let someone else choose your reading direction for a while.....good qualifier that they have to pick from your TBR. Wonder if I should try that???? hmmm
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be an interesting challenge since I can never keep to my own TBR let alone someone elses...lol.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you were able to do some reading when it was cold. It's been a lot colder here too. I've mostly been watching TV and movies, though.

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I am enjoying Pretty Dead Queens but only about 12% into it so not a lot has happened yet just teen stuff...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope you enjoy A Sinister Revenge! I got turned down for that one.

    We had rain here on Halloween evening, but some trick-or-treaters came by anyway. It's lovely today, though. Hopefully you get some sunny days again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer! I am hit or miss when it comes to get eARCs from Berkley, feel very lucky to get this one as I was turned down for another favorite series!

      Delete
  7. I'm very curious to see what you think of the new Veronica Speedwell. I liked the ending a bit better then you did but am so curious to see how it works out. Hopefully this week has had a bit more sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes! *fingerscrossed* Hope I like the mystery as well as I just didn't like it in the last one and then the ending..boo...lol. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...