This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Week in Review #5

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week was uneventful and I am fine with that and really don't have anything to chat about.

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 

  • Grilled 4 Murder - One of my favorite series has a new one!! :)
  • What Have We Done - I have enjoyed the last two books from this author so I hope this one is good too!
  • Some Touch of Madness - Excited to see a second book finally in the Gentlewoman's Guide to Murder!
  • The Drift - Only tried one book from this author and I didn't like it but want to give her another try and this looks like a great winter thriller by the cover!
  • Tell Me What Really Happened - Honestly not a clue what this one is about but got an email for this and the next one. I am hit or miss with YA thrillers but I always like to try them.
  • Games For Dead Girls - This is a YA horror/thriller which gives me Frankenstein vibes because it's about a girl who creates a monster? Urban Legend and all that good stuff.

Books read last week

 

I know it looks like a lot but thye are kids books so a lot of them are really short. :)
  • The Island of Monsters - Second book in the Spirit Hunter series and it was creepy fun.
  • The Ghoul of Windydown Vale - This one was okay about a town and it's lore.
  • The Girl in White - My favorite read of the week as this author never fails to have a super creepy middle grade book! This ties with Scritch Scratch as my favorite.
  • The Zombie Stone - This was just okay.
  • Fang of the Vampire - This was a cute not really spooky start to a series called Scream Street.
  • Hide and Don't Seek - Short story collect of spooky middle grade stories and it was just okay.
  • Midnight at the Barclay Hotel - A fun mystery in a haunted hotel, great for those who don't like spooky books but still want to read a book with something haunted.
  • Doll Bones - This one was just okay.
  • Creepy Creatures Graphix - This is a graphi c novel featuring 3 Goosebumps and it was okay. I liked two of the stories but the third one fell flat.
If you want to check out my youtube channel I talk about these books there. You would think after all this time I would get better at being on camera...lol. So beware! :)

Currently reading

 

  • The Twig Man - I haven't read much on this one, need to get back to it! It's an eARC.
  • Monster Club - Just started this one, so no opinion yet but it's also an eARC.
  • Closed for the Season - I will finish this one soon, if I read on it as I think I have about 40 pages left it's just not really grabbing my attention.
  • Harvest Home - My one Adult horror I have going and it's okay but not read much on it so only 52 pages into it. Slow start but hope it gets better!
  • No Parm No Foul - I am about 25% into the audio of this one but I am worried I won't like it much as I haven't heard good things from my friend who are reading it too. I wasn't a huge fan of book one so fingers crossed! :)
  • Okay Witch and the Hungry Shadow - I didn't realize another book in this graphic novel series was out so snatched it. I am about 9% into this one.
  • Garlic and the Witch - I loved Garlic and the Vampire it was so cute so was excited when my hold came in for this one! I am 37% into it, this series screams FALL vibes. :)

What might be up next

 Not sure yet but something spooky middle grade...lol.

How was your week? What did you get?



8 comments:

  1. I have weeks like that too haha. I didn't have much to say on my post either. :) I hear you on the cold weather though. I like fall but it's been TOO cold this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We broke records with our low of 19! Not the type of records I want broken!

      Delete
  2. I was offered a copy of The Drift too. I've never read CJ Tudor so I'm curious. I love uneventful weeks too😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a fan of Chalk Man, but need to try her again.

      Delete
  3. Wow you've gotten a lot of reading done. Awesome!
    The Girl in White looks spooky.
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes uneventful weeks are the best. You can just enjoy life for what it is. I hope you have another great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Unseen by Heather Graham (Krewe of Hunters #5)

 I was excited to get back into a Krewe of Hunters book! I love this series and even the second go around has been fun. I have several to go...