This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Wild Man Creek by Robin Carr

 


Barb and I are back in Virgin River and happy to be there! We both really enjoy this series, some have been better than others but it's always nice to be back with familiar characters. Go check out Barb's thought at Booker T's Farm after you read mine! :) 

My thoughts:


So Wild Man Creek is the 12th book in the Virgin River series so we are doing pretty good with this series and getting through it pretty quickly. A few books back we learn a few things that happens to Colin who is one of the Riordan brothers and how he got injured and I figured we would be getting his story soon. I was a little worried because he was a bit cranky and I wasn't a fan...lol. 

In this story we have Jillian who was a PR guru who got stung personally and proffesionally by an affair with a co-worker who had his eyes set on climbing the ladder and didn't mind going through her to get it. She needs a break so she heads off to a small town she remembers going through and spending a little time. While in Virgin River she sees an old Victorian home that has great gardens and remembers how she use to garden with her grandparents and grow all sorts of yummy veggies and decides to rent the place.

Colin who is still recovering from his injuries and has started doing lots of painting was out finding that perfect spot to paint and runs into Jillian and there is an instant attraction, but Jillian isn't sure she wants to get involved because of what happened in the city and she has her gardening to do. Though they start seeing more and more of each other and even though Colin just wants it to be a fling as he doesn't plan of sticking around in Virgin River things get a bit more complicted than just a fling. 

I really liked both Jillian and Colin and thought they made a cute couple. I will admit I was afraid I wouldn't like Colin but he has made some great strides since the other book were he was very cranky all the time. Jillian was fun with loving her gardens but I will say that I did think she was a little over exuberate when it came to the gardens...lol. Sometimes it was funny and other times it was like if I have to read about her and her gardens one more time! 

Other than the over gardening I really enjoyed this one and the author leaves it pretty clear to who the next couple will be and I very curious about that one! 

5 stars! 

6 comments:

  1. I gave it 4 stars because I think the gardening was a bit TOO much for me. But I did love Colin and the Denny side story was a plus as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was kind of a 4.5 but I bumped it. :) The gardening was a bit much but sometime funny.

      Delete
  2. Ooh 5 stars! Glad this was a good one😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, depite all the gardening...lol.

      Delete
  3. This looks so good and I'm glad to see that Colin wasn't cranky all the time. I can only take so much of a cranky main character. The gardening does sound like a lot but I do enjoy gardening so hopefully it won't be too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great story despite all the gardening. She was just over the top about her new found love of gardening. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...