This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Friday, December 9, 2022

eARC Review ~ The Christmas Spirit

 


I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for a fair and honest review.


Peter Armstrong and Hank Colfax are best friends, but their lives couldn't be more different. Peter, the local pastor who is dedicated to his community, spending time visiting the flock, attending meetings, and, with the holiday season approaching, preparing for the Christmas service and live nativity. As a bartender, Hank serves a much different customer base at his family-owned tavern, including a handful of lonely regulars and the local biker gang.


When Peter scoffs that Hank has it easy compared to him, the two decide to switch jobs until Christmas Eve. To their surprise, the responsibilities of a bartender and a pastor are similar, but taking on the other's work is more difficult than either Peter or Hank expected. As the two begin to see each other in a new light--and each discovers a new love to cherish--their lives are forever changed.


I love Debbie Macomber's Christmas books and this was no exception! I actually think this is one of my favorites! It's not an original concept or anything but it was executed well and it made me laugh and that is what I like from my Christmas romances. :) 

Hank and Pete have been friends since they were young and even though their paths took different directions as they got older they always made sure to get together for lunch at least once a month. During one of these meetings they started talking about how each though the other had the better life. Hank owns a Tavern and Pete is a local pastor. They decide to change lives for a week!

Pete has a lot of things to do to get reading for Christmas Eve, and Christmas at the church and Hank learns that being a pastor isn't as easy as it might seem. Grace, Pete's sister is not happy with this switch as she feels that Hank will ruin her brothers reputation. Pete thinks that being a tavern owner would be easy until he gets there and meets some of the locals. Thank goodness, Millie a waitress from the one of Petes hangouts come to his rescue.

This was just full of the warm and fuzzies and also very comical. I laughed at so many moments in this book. I could see myself rereading this one again during another Christmas time.The way it was told was fun as well. It starts out with a grandmother telling her two grandkids a story, she tells them this one isn't a made up story that it really happens and during the story there are present day interuptions with the kids asking questions, the boy getting grossed out by the kissing scenes, it was cute. 

I loved all the characters, Hank and Grace, Pete and Millie, their other friends and some of the local patrons like the bikers! So many fun scenes with Pete and the bikers...lol. 

If you want a fun, warm and fuzzy Christmas read I highly recommend it!
5 stars

2 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect for the Christmas season. And I love that there's a lot of humor😁

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...