This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Friday, December 16, 2022

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Harvest Moon

 

Barb and I are on a roll with this the Virgin River series!! We have both really enjoyed this series so after you see what I have to say head on over to Booker T's Farm to see what she has to say. 


Rising sous-chef Kelly Matlock's sudden collapse at work is a wake-up call. Disillusioned and burned out, she's retreated to her sister Jillian's house in Virgin River to rest and reevaluate.

Puttering in Jill's garden and cooking with her heirloom vegetables is wonderful, but Virgin River is a far cry from San Francisco. Kelly's starting to feel a little too unmotivated…until she meets Lief Holbrook. The handsome widower looks more like a lumberjack than a sophisticated screenwriter—a combination Kelly finds irresistible. But less appealing is Lief's rebellious stepdaughter, Courtney. She's the reason they moved from L.A., but Courtney's finding plenty of trouble even in Virgin River.

Kelly's never fallen for a guy with such serious baggage, but some things are worth fighting for. Besides, a bratty teenager can't be any worse than a histrionic chef…right?


I am really enjoying this series and so I am always excited to dive into another one. 


In this one we have Kelly who we meet I believe in the last book because she is the sister to Jillian (the gardener who gardened a lot in the last book...lol) and we also met Lief briefly in the last book as well.  


Kelly is sort of on the brink of having an affair with her boss, but I don't think it had gone real far but the wife comes and has it out with her and then the pressures of being a sous-chef got to her all at once and she has a anxiety attach and passes out. The doctor says she needs  break so she goes to visit her sister in Virgin River.


She meets Lief on her way to Kelly's as she stops at Jacks Bar and Grill and forgets that she shouldn't mix her meds with drinks and he has to take her to her sisters house. Lief is attacted to her right off bat and seems to find some reasons to hang around the house. Lief also has a teenage stepdaughter who is going through some phases because her mother died I think a year or two ago and Lief is having a hard time dealing with the death of his wife and the daughter. He is hoping that Virgin River would be a nice change for both of them. 


Kelly and Lief just seem to really strike up a really great friendship right off the bat but each of them are not really sure about going farther at first, especially with the daughter being in the picture. Kelly isn't sure what to do with a teenager! 


Just when things where going really well the biological father decides he wants his daughter to go on vacation with him and his wife and kids, but she doesn't want to and Lief has no choice but to make her go and let me tell you that part I felt so bad for the young girl!!


Anyway, I really enjoyed this one! I liked the two main characters and might have even liked the kid a bit more than. I was worried that  this was going to deal with a horrid teen age acting out but she actually gets in with some nice kids and turns out pretty good and then what she deals with when with her actual father really made me feel bad for her. 


Of course we have some of our beloved regular characters which is always nice and makes this series so much fun to read. 

4.5 stars

4 comments:

  1. I didn't love the part about the rebellious stepdaughter but I was glad to see you had the same worries and it worked out well. I'm looking forward to reading this series. I really enjoyed her Sullivan's Crossing books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was worried about the teen at first but she was pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. This sounds a little dramatic! Glad you are still loving the series.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...