This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

First Quarter Anticipated Reads for 2023

 

Some books that I am really looking forward too! Most are books from authors I have read before but a few are new to me.

  • The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels - I have read one book by this author and enjoyed it. Her books are the kind that have mixed media and you read through it trying to figure out what happened.
  • Don't Open the Door - I read Sorority Girls last year and thought it was a standalone thriller but nope they took a secondary character and made a series. So I am curious how this second one is going to be.
  • The Golden Spoon - New to me author and it's being billed as Only Murders in the Building meets The Maid, so year I was curious. :)
  • Last Known Location - Knew to me author but it sounds interesting as it's about a woman who has complications with a neighbor leaves for the weekend, hooks up with a guy, he is gone in the morning, but then she sees him again in the ER as he has had an accident. She feels like she is being watched and thinks maybe it has something to do with the guy and not her. 
  • A Sinister Revenge - The 8th book in the Veronica Speedwell series and after what the author did to me with book 7 she best have fixed it! I was not happy how that one ended. 
  • The White Lady - This is a new series by this author and I have been meaning to read the Maisie Dobbs series and I haven't so why not a new series by the author...lol.  This one is about \Former wartime operative Elinor White—veteran of two wars, trained killer, protective of her anonymity—when she is drawn back into the world of violence she has been desperate to leave behind.A reluctant ex-spy with demons of her own, Elinor finds herself facing down one of the most dangerous organized crime gangs in London, and exposing corruption from Scotland Yard to the highest levels of government.
  • What Have We Done - I have read the authors other two books and really enjoyed them so can't wait to try and see if it will be a hit too!
  • Whale Done - I love the Funjungle series and I read the whole series in 2022 and can't wait for this newest installment!
  • Cameron Battle and the Escape Trial - The second book in  the Cameron Battle series about a young man who is a decendent of an ancient hidden kindom and has to save it.
  • The Unforgettable Logan Foster and the Shadow of Doubt - The second book in the Logan Foster series about a kid who was adopted by superheroes!
  • The Grace of  Wild Things - I like this author so I am curious about her Anne of Green Gable's retelling as it's with witches...lol. Those I know who have read Anne say it sounds nothing like that book except for it mentions orphans. :) 
So there you have it books I am looking forward to trying in the first quarter of 2023, I could have listed more but I wanted to stick with just a few that I really wanted to read and not just because they sound cool.  You can see where my reading is right now as these are all either mystery/thrillers or middle grade. :) 

What are you anticipating?

8 comments:

  1. I have a huge stack of books just waiting for me to get to. I spy a couple here I'm curious about, Stormi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The never ending #bookwormproblem the tbr...lol.

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing about The Golden Spoon, I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy it too! Thrillers always make me nervous as they sound great but often are not as great as they sound...lol.

      Delete
  3. Only Murders in the Building is one of my fave shows and The Maid a higlight read for me -- that is quite the combination in The Golden Spoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a big combination to live up too, hope it can...lol.

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to the Deanna Raybourn book. Several of these are new to me so now I need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with what the author did to us in that last book she better fix things! :)

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...