This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Week in Review #15


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Happy New Year everyone!!! I can't believe we are on to a new year! Hope it's a great one for everyone! 

I had a pretty low key Christmas and New Years Eve. I am not much into going to parties or anything so just stayed home and read my books. :) 

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 

  • The Grace of Wild Things - Okay so this is suppose to be a retelling of Anne of Green Gables but with witches. Now I have never read Anne so I don't have a clue if the synopsis even sounded remotely like it besides an Orphan, but sounds kind of cool and I like this authors.

Books read last week

  • Christmas Ransom - This was good but I hate reading out of order so now I need to go back and read book one and two. :)
  • High Spirits - The most non Christmas looking Christmas cozy ever...lol. It was good.
  • Menace From the Deep - First book in the Killer Species series and it was an okay sort of horror adventure type for young readers.
  • Brimstone - I really like this series! This was book five in the Pendergast series. This was a chunky one!
  • Mrs. Roopy is Loopy - It's the third book in the My Wierd School series and it's silly fun.
  • Big Shot - This is the 15th book in the Country Club series and one of my favorite series!

Currently reading

  • Amari and the Great Game - I should have gotten to this one earlier but instead it will be one of my first books of 2023! Loved book one, so I am sure this will be great too!
  • Clown in the Cornfield 2 - It was on my Libby and it needs to go back so just decided to start listening to it. It's okay but has things in it that I don't care to read about.

What might be up next

  • Murder at the Serpentine Bridge - Another one I should have gotten to in 2022 but failed too!
  • Daisy Darker - Everyone seems to like this one so I am curious to see if I will like it or hate it...lol.

How was your week? What did you get?


16 comments:

  1. I'm reading a different book by Heather Fawcett and I can't wait! Happy New Year, Stormi😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh can't wait to see what you think of the book your reading by Heather Fawcett!

      Delete
  2. I just stayed home and watched some favorite holiday movies. Happy New Year, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying home on holidays are kind of the best!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!

    Daisy Darker... yeah I kinda want to get that one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am officially worried as my friend Barb wasn't a fan of it, we are buddy reading it and she finished. I am still waiting for my copy.

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing Daisy Darker everywhere. I prefer to be home and have fam visit...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy Darker is everywhere...lol. I don't do well with hyped books but I am very curious.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! I definitely prefer to spend New Year's at home than out in the crowds. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at home and away from crowds is the best!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! I also spent my New Year staying at home. It's much more comfortable for me.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be a lot of people stayed at home. It's the best!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year! May 2023 be a good year of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2023 Stormi! My Christmas and New Year's was also low key. I need to read the Pendergast series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like Pendergast! I highly recommend. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...