This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Week in Review #17

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

 Hi everyone! Hope you have had a great week!

It's been an interesting week here but nothing real bad. My jaw is still a bit sore but I can at least eat actual food and not a diet of mash potatoes...lol. The two holes in my gums just fill weird but I guess until it heals completely up it will...lol.

The weather in January here has been so weird, but I like it as it's warmer than normal...lol. Those having storms and flooding, I hope all are safe!

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

Nothing!

Books read last week

 

  • The Island - This was the most boring action packed thrill I have ever read...lol. I feel like I should have liked it more, but with characters that I didn't feel like I knew well enough to root for actual seem to make this a bit more slow going as it should have been for me. It says it's going to be a TV show on hulu and I actually think it would be good for that.
  • Back of Beyond - This is billed as a thriller, crime, mystery and I didn't feel like it had very much of any of that in it. It wasn't a bad read just not real thrilling and the investigating parts were very few and in between the large amounts of being with those out on the riding trail. So just a so so type of first in series.
  • Daisy Darker - I might be in the minority though don't feel bad as I buddy read this with my friend Barb and she hated it too. We both didn't care for the ending, seemed like a bit of a copout. I also felt like this leaned a bit to heavy on being a rip off of And Then There Where None. It was also just boring at least to me. I can see why others would really like it though.
  • Murder at the Serpentine Bridge - One of my favorite series so I knew I would enjoy this one! So thank goodness for favorite series to save the week! :)

Currently reading

 

  • Sew Deadly - I didn't read any on this one this past week.
  • Grilled 4 Murder - I only read a little on this one.
  • Devil in a Blue Dress - I read a chapter.
  • Lady of Milkweek Manor - I read the most on this one and I am little over halfway.
I have been in the middle of a lot of books and just not reading a lot this month. I am okay with that as I think I just needed a bit of a break and seem to have taken off in January with a lot of projects (end of year video content) also watching lots of youtube. I am trying to get back my motivation for doing Keto/Carnivore lifestyle by watching lots of youtubers who are doing this lifestyle. :)
Hopefully I will get one of these books read but if you see them next week you know why...lol.

What might be up next

 

  • Murder on Amersterdam Avenue - I really love the Gaslight series and one goal is to catch up on it this year. I am on #17 of 26.

How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. I hope you recover soon, Stormi! Sorry you didn't like Daisy Darker. I'm not surprised Barb didn't like it either since you two have similar tastes. Hope your week is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still want to try another book from Alice Feeney but I am a bit more nervous about it...lol. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer about Daisy Darker. And haha hope you're feeling better. I had this weird bruise on my jaw days after my extraction and people kept looking at me funny... I guess it looked weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably wanted to know who you got in a fight with...lol. :)

      Delete
  3. I liked Daisy Darker but I can completely see why you didn't care for it. I had to have a molar removed a number of years ago and the worst part was that empty feeling. It does get better but it does take awhile to feel not so strange. Glad you're off the mashed potato diet though! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #77

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...