This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Monday, January 16, 2023

Review of Murder on the Serpentine Bridge

 



I didn't want to share all of the synopsis because it contained spoilers as it is a series and some might now want to know certain things.  Below contains what the mystery is about. 

When Wrexford and their two young wards, Raven and Hawk, discover a body floating in Hyde Park’s famous lake, that newfound peace looks to be at risk. The late Jeremiah Willis was the engineering genius behind a new design for a top-secret weapon, and the prototype is missing from the Royal Armory’s laboratory. Wrexford is tasked with retrieving it before it falls into the wrong hands. But there are unsettling complications to the case—including a family connection.


Soon, old secrets are tangling with new betrayals, and as Charlotte and Wrexford spin through a web of international intrigue and sumptuous parties, they must race against time to save their loved ones from harm—and keep the weapon from igniting a new war . . 

My thoughts

This is one of my favorite series and this one was a hit as well! 

Charlotte, Wrexford, Raven and Hawk are some of my favorite characters! In this one Charlotte has to meet some relatives that she doesn't know well and finds out that they have a ward too. This ward will be title when he grows up but for now his gaurdians take care of those things, but Charlotte could tell right away that his gaurdians (the man anyway) didn't like the kid because he was of mix race. I loved how when the adults needed to be somewhere Charlotte volunteered to take in the young man whom Raven and Hawk too to very quickly and nicknamed him Falcon. 

This book has a lot of stuff going for it and was very interesting but I feel like if I was to talk about some of the things that went down it would be spoilery. What I found interesting about this is thinking about how it must have been back then to come up with a new invention like a weapon but then thinking maybe others shouldn't have such a thing, but then people want it (like governments) and the things that people will do to get it so they can sell it or gain favor.

Love this series and highly recommend it if you enjoy historical mysteries with some great characters!

5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. This seems like a really strong series, and I love the cover😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. This author is high on my TBR list All of her books look like such great read and I love historical mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like this series because it gives me Veronica Speedwell vibes with the banter between the two MCs! :)

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...