This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Triptych

Barb and are tackling another Karin Slaughter series, why do we torture outselves like this...lol. I am hoping since they decided to make a tv show based on it and that it's still an ongoing series from what I can tell that it will be better than the Grant County one. :) After you check out my thoughts go over and see Barb's at Booker T's Farm.

My thoughts:


Some brutal attacks and murder of women has  brought Special Agent Will Trent to Atlanta to help the police figure out who is commiting the crime. There are others trying to figure things out as well, there is a veteren cop Michael who has a bad temper, and a female cop Angie who has a whole mess of her own problems who actually knows Will.

 Besides the police there is also the POV of an ex-con named John who was accused of murder twenty years ago and has had a horrible time in prison because it and is out to figure out who has been using his name while he was locked up. 

As it seems to be in true Karin Slaughter style we have some very horrible crimes happening to women and some not so likeable characters that we have to follow to try and figure out what happens. Right away I think you can maybe pick up on who might be the killer as you follow this group of people who are trying to figure things out. At this point I am not even real sure I like Will Trent, but I do know that I am not a fan of Angie, Michael or John. I mean it's like she makes her characters out to be the worst of the worst but at the same time your suppose to try and root for them...lol. 

All I can say is that I hope the series gets better as we go and that I like Will Trent more as we go since he is the main character. I actual hope that some of the other characters don't carry over to book two but I do still want to continue to see. 

It makes me wonder how different the show is from the book series as this was very dark and brutal and the commericals for the show seems more humerous. 

Oh I forgot to say this was a reread for me as I read it 2018 but never continued the series, but for once it was a book I could remember the killer but not a lot of other parts till I started reading it. I also feel that it allowed me to really concentrate on the characters bringing my review down from a 4 star originally to a 3 star this go around. Or my taste in things have just changed. 

3 stars

1 comment:

  1. Lately I've picked up several books where I haven't liked the characters and it is really not my favorite. I think I'll skip this for now.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...