This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February Wrap Up!

So I haven't done an actual wrap up of the books I have read in a while and thought I would go ahead and do one! So in February I read/listened to 19 books.

Out of the 19 books 12 were audiobooks, 2 ebooks and 5 physical  books. 

I hosted the Retro Romance Readathon on my youtube channel with a couple of awesome co-host. This was my second type hosting this and I just love reading my retros but I don't read print very fast so only got 7 done and had a little help via either audiobook or Alexa on my phone read an ebook. :) 

Besides my romances I would say Mystery/thriller was probably the next most read genre. Here are the books I read!

  • Don't Open the Door - Sequel to The Sorority Murders and we get to find out what happened to  Regan's kid and killed him and why. We learned about him in book one, it wasn't really a huge part of that just something so didn't even know there was going to be a sequel to the thriller. 4 stars.
  • One of the Girls - Another thriller I tried and thought was pretty boring and seemed more like women's fiction with a side of thriller at the end. 2 stars.
  • Death Threads - Second book in the Southern Sewing Circle and it wasn't bad. I am not a huge fan of the MC yet or some of the side characters but I think they are growing on me a bit. Love that it has sewing patterns in the back of the book and not FOOD! 3.5 stars.
  • The Quiche of Death - First book in the Agatha Raisin series where you will either like or hate the Agatha as she is ver brusque in her manner and you get second hand embarresment from things she does but she has no problem doing them. I thought it was fun. 4 stars.
  • The Game is a Footnote - The latest book in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop series and one of my favorite series! 4 stars.
  • The Pirate Lord - First book in the Lord Trilogy, I enjoyed this fun pirate romance. 4 stars.
  • The Forbidden Lord - The second book in the Lord Trilogy and it was just as fun. I love Sabrina Jefferies books! 4 stars.
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton - It's hard to believe that I can count a book from the early 2000s as retro, but retro is 20 years and this came out in 2002! I really enjoy this series and this one was a lot of fun. 4 stars.
  • An Immodest Proposal - This was a strange sort of marriage of convenience story and was just sort of okay. 3.5 stars.
  • The Ladies of Missalonghi - Not a huge fan of this one, wasn't a romance in my opinion. 2 stars.
  • Captive Stars - Second book in the Stars of Mithra series and a bit cheesy and instaluvy but was okay. 3 stars. 
  • Masque of Enchantment - I enjoyed this marriage of convenience book though the hero angered me at times with his jealousy. 4 stars.
  • Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue - Love the Gaslight series! This was #18 of 26 so I am getting closer to catching up! 5 stars.
  • Triptych - First in the Will Trent series and I do hope it gets better and the characters get more likable! 3 stars.
  • Sapphire Flames - The fourth book in the Hidden Legacy series but the first book of the three books for Catalina and it was fun. 4 stars.
  • Death by the Dozen - The third book in the Cupcake bakery series and so far this series is just okay. 3 stars.
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Rides Again - This was okay but just not like the original. 3 stars.
  • Aven Green Sluething Machine - It was cute. 3 stars.
  • Aven Green Baking Machine - It was cute and better than book one. 3 stars.
  • Aven Green Music Machine - Was my favorite of the three. 3 stars.
So there you have it all the books I read in February! Overall it was a pretty decent reading month! 

2 comments:

  1. I think the cupcake series gets stronger in the later books. It's still not as good as the library books but it does get better. I agree the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang sequels aren't nearly as good but if David Tennant reads it I will listen! Sounds like a good month of reading. Have a happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, David Tennant saved the sequel...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...