This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Week in Review #23



The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Slowing getting over my cold. I still have a cough and a nose full of junk...lol. I get tired but overall I feel ten times better than the last time I talked to you all. :)

I have watched a lot of tv while sick as reading wasn't really a thing I wanted to do even though I did manage to listen to a good amount. I watched My Life is Murder season 3 on AcornTV, it's a fun cozy type mystery with Lucy Lawless. Watched some Midsomer Murders, Murder She Wrote and Columbo as well. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog


Review of One of the Girls

Books I have added

 Nothing! :)

Books read last week

 

  • Captive Star - The second book in the Stars of Mithra series. It was a cheesy retro romance but I liked it. :)
  • Sapphire Flames - I really enjoyed this fourth enstallment of the Hidden Legacy series. The first three were about Nevada and Rogan, now we are with another sister for the next three Catalina and her guy Alessandro, it was different but the same as it's in the same world, etc. :)
  • Death Thread - Second book in the Southern Sewing Circle and I am liking it okay. A group I am in are doing a readalong of the series, one a month and so I am hoping it will get better as it goes. :)
  • Murder on St. Nicolas Avenue - Love the Gaslight series and this was #18 and a bit different since the mystery was solved by an ensemble of the family members or household staff while the two main chracters were gone.
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again - Second book in the Chitty Chitty series, came a lot later than book one that was written by Ian Flemming, this one is written by Frank Cottrell Boyce, has a bit of the same feel of the first one but totally different characters and a camper van instead of the car. :)

Currently reading

 

  • An Immodest Proposal - I am almost done with it, it's a print book and with being sick I haven't been reading it, but it's getting done before Feb. is over!
  • Rules for Vanishing - Has a bit of mix media in it and reads really quick and even though your kind of confused at what is going on you can't quit listening or reading it. :) I just hope the end doesn't disappoint. 70% into it.
  • Triptych - This is a reread, Barb and I are attempting to read this series. I say attempting as I was suppose to read it last month but the hold line was forever and I just got it! The tv series has it popular again. 48% into it.
  • The Other Family - Thriller and I am only a little ways into it and not a clue what is going on, I mean I think it's about a family who moves to this town and someone is watching them, and I think that the mother of the family was someone who was suppose to have died a longtime ago or something as the guy who is watching them keeps refrerencing it and thinks her daughter looks like that person. I think...lol. 25% into it.
  • An Ambush of Widows - Another thriller and little confused with it too. It's about two guys who were killed but as far as their widows are concerned they didn't know each other. One was even suppose to be in NY and not is the city they were in. You also get the POV of the Hitman as he is after one of the ladies, but I have NO clue why yet...lol. 24% into it.

What might be up next

 Probably some mysteries and middle grade as March is March Mystery Madness and Middle Grade March on youtube and I am a cohost for the mystery one and just like reading middle grade for the other. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


8 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Acorn TV sounds fun. I think I'd love some of those mysteries. Midsomer Murders too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like British mysteries or even comedy's it's the app to have that and Britbox, but AcornTV is a few bucks cheaper.

      Delete
  2. So glad that you're feeling better and I hope you're feeling better this week. I really need to try Acorn TV. There are so many shows I want to watch on it. I enjoyed the first two Stars of Mithra books by Nora Roberts but wasn't a fan of the third. I'll be curious to see you thoughts on it when you get to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now your making me interested in the last Star of Mithra book, going to have to dig it out and get to it soon. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better but I hope your cold goes away soon. I'm always confused with thrillers until almost the end, so that doesn't surprise me! I hope you review Rules for Vanishing since I just discovered that author and love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rules for Vanishing was something else. Liked it okay but didn't love it.
      I will review it. :)

      Delete
  4. That a lot of murder shows you watch.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murder shows is mostly all I watch...lol. It's also a lot of what I read. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...