This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Sapphire Flames


We are back with the next book in the Hidden Legacy series a Urban Fantasy. Once you see what I thought go check out Barb's review on Booker T's Farm.

In a world where magic is the key to power and wealth, Catalina Baylor is a Prime, the highest
rank of magic user, and the Head of her House. Catalina has always been afraid to use her unique powers, but when her friend’s mother and sister are murdered, Catalina risks her reputation and safety to unravel the mystery.


But behind the scenes powerful forces are at work, and one of them is Alessandro Sagredo, the Italian Prime who was once Catalina’s teenage crush. Dangerous and unpredictable, Alessandro’s true motives are unclear, but he’s drawn to Catalina like a moth to a flame.

To help her friend, Catalina must test the limits of her extraordinary powers, but doing so may cost her both her House–and her heart.

My Thoughts:

I really like  Ilona Andrews writing the duo have a style that works and if you like it then you like it. They have a way of writing broody alpha males and women who are just tough enough to deal with them. 

This series is a bit different in the format as the first three book in the series was about Nevada and Rogan, the next three are about Catalina and Alessandro. 

So it's been three years since the things went down with Nevada and Rogan in the third book and they are now out of the picture at least in this first book. They are living their happily ever after so to speak away from family.  Catalina is the Prime of the house which means she is in charge and also running their detective agency. Primes are the most powerful magic users in the Houses which isn't always the best thing because now all the things that Nevada use to do is on her shoulders.

A person she knows and sort of considers a friend is having problems. Her mother and sister were killed and her brother is about to kill himself and she is called in by another House Prime because of her ablities as a siren to rescue the young man. After this she gets involved him helping them even though she is told repeatedly to leave alone by Alessandro a Prime from an Italian family and someone who is usually used mostly for assassinations. 

They first met a few years ago when she was being tested for being a Prime and she has been crushing on him ever since that happened and it seems he has been keeping tabs on her as well. Things are never real simple when it comes to the magic world and things get pretty heated and dangerous.

We find out some things that change a few things for how they are running the investigation and it gets even more dangerous and Catalina and Alessandro butt heads a lot.

I really enjoyed this as these books are like candy, they are just a lot of fun to read and you just want to keep reading them. They never take me long to finish one when I start them. I like Catalina and I think Alessandro will grow on me but right now I am not real sure about him. I love Catalina's family though they are a riot! Especially her grandmother! 

Highly recommend!

4.5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. Ilona Andrews is one of those authors I'm really looking forward to reading but somehow keep putting it off. This sounds so good! I need to pick up the first book in the Hidden Legacy series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! I also love the Kate Daniels series! :)

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...