This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Week in Review #25

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week wasn't much different than last week so don't have a lot to say. I will say I am tired of rain but glad it's not snow but it's like every couple days we have rain then a day off then more rain for a couple days then one off and I am just so done with rain.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog


Review of Rules For Vanishing

Books I have added


  • The New Mother - Isolated. Lonely. Tired. It's hard being The New Mother. Sometimes it's murder. That was all I needed to know to click on this one, hope it's good...lol.
  • Method of MaliceWelcome back to Hope Street Church, where friendships are formed, fresh starts are encouraged, and mysteries are solved . . . So I thought this series was over, then there was one that came out in 2020 and then nothing but with that little tagline I wonder if the author is bringing it back! I always enjoyed this series so that would be cool.
  • What the River Buries - Teen girl sees someone getting rid of a body and takes a picture of the tatoo on the persons neck, then her sketchbook turns up at her house with a note telling her going to the police could be a "grave error"! Sounds pretty cool to me! Also that cover is pretty!
  • An American in Scotland Sea Isle was supposed to be the fresh start Dr. Emilia McRoy dreamed of, away from the busy ERs of the big city in America. Instead some stumbles upon a dead body and sluething ensures! First in a new series! Hope this is a good one!
Gifted

One of the lovely ladies who views my videos on Youtube and hangs out on my live shows that I do with friends knew I liked this author and she was coming to a bookstore near her so she got me a signed copy and took a pic with the author so I could have it. So sweet of her!

Books read last week

  • Wait For Me - This will be good for those who like books involving past lives, that is not really my thing as I don't believe in that stuff but the mystery part was good so it gets 3 stars.
  • Nothing Ever Happens to Ethan Fairmont - This one was okay but would have liked more about the alien and less social commentary. 3 stars.
  • No Strangers Here - First in the County Kerry series and I enjoyed it. I was worried as I am not a huge fan of her Irish Village series but I am happy to say no annoying MC in this one. :) 4 stars.
  • Dance Hall of the Dead - Second book in the Leaphorn and Chee series and it was okay. It's from the 70s so not as action packed for a crime novel like I am use to but not bad. 3 stars.
  • The Midnight Children - Contemporary with a bit of magical realism and was okay. 3.5 stars

Currently reading

 

  • High-Stakes Blizzard - I am still enjoying this one. I am 44% into it.
  • A Sinister Revenge - The latest book in the Veronica Speedwell series and I am about 17% into it and I am just not sure what I think, I want to like it but right now I am not. :(
  • The Gamble - I wanted to get to this one last month so squeezing it in among all the mysteries...lol. So far I am really liking it I am 24% into the audiobook.
  • The Black Echo - The first Harry Bosch book and I am enjoying it but I hate that it's split into parts and no chapters. Each part is like 60 pages or so and I would like some shorter chapters!
  • A Great Deliverance - Just starting this one so no opinion.
  • The Writing Retreat - Also just starting this one.

What might be up next

 Not sure! :)

How was your week? What did you get?



10 comments:

  1. We had rain this past week and luckily it melted a lot of the snow, so I guess I'm OK with rain if it's going to do that, lol. But I'm over both! I want it to warm up so I can read outside on my patio😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get teased with warm days then it goes cold again, I am so ready for a steady warm up that stays!

      Delete
  2. I do get tired of rain if it lasts for a long time. But I usually like it when it rains!

    Here’s my Sunday Post
    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of those that thrives on sunshine so when it's gloomy outside I am gloomy. Rain now and then is okay but several days in a row and I am over it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this blog header! I feel lucky that it seems to rain here only about one day a week and not all day, and sometimes it's at night. You're reading some great books.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool about Ellery adams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your books look so good. How exciting about the Ellery Adams signed book! Very nice. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on finishing 5 books! Enjoy the coming week!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/03/12/sunday-post-82-03-12-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have An American in Scotland and am really looking forward to reading it. Glad to see that you enjoyed No Strangers Here. I'm definitely adding that one to my TBR. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a big fan of rain myself. I do prefer when it snows over rain, especially if I have to go out hahah Happy reading! :)

    https://roarsandechoes.com/

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...