This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week in Review #30



The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

My back is still bothering me a little bit but it does feel better than it did last week. I think the stacking of the wood during winter is wearing on me, but what can you do when you need it to stay warm.

So I am participating in a Booktube event called Old School April, the host has a discord and it's a readathon and watchathon. There are teams and you collect points for what you read and watch. I am grabbing the watch points as most of what I am reading don't count...lol. She also has watch parties on discord where she streamed Night of the Lepus, Dolls and Teen Witch. Then I watched Alligator 1 & 2 and Crocodile. (She is a horror reader/watcher but she also likes other things, I just happened to decide to watch old killer animal movies for my points...lol.) Also watched High Spirits and Hair Spray (the 1989 version which is my favorite) A lot of my free time was watching movies...lol. (I can read and watch...lol)

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of American in Scotland
Review of Hidden Summit

Books I have added

 Nothing

Books read last week

  • Just Plain Murder - The sixth book in the Amish Mystery series and one of my favorite series. Only one more left and I will finish the series, so sad.
  • Treacherous is the Night - Second book in the Verity Kent series and I liked it but not as much as the first book.
  • The Last Party - It was decent, but not sure what I thought of the DC Morgan, she was a bit morally gray, I get why and don't blame her on some things but she is a cop so I don't know if I like it. The twist at the end was interesting though. :)
  • I Funny - Cute middle grade humor book.
  • An American in Scotland - A solid start to a new mystery series called Scottish Isle, I really liked this one.
  • Karma Moon, Ghost Hunter - This was a fun middle grade mystery with a bit of paranormal.

Currently reading

  • The Scottish Detective Agency - I am enjoying this one but it's a bit slower than I would like. I am almost done though so will probably finish it today. 67% in.
  • A Discovery of Witches - This is my print book and I am just going slow and enjoying my reread. :)
  • Breaking Silence - Just started this one so only like 3% into it.
  • Let's Get Invisible - This one is okay and I almost finished it, so it will get finished soon.
  • The Grand Sophy - Just started this one on audiobook so about 8% into it and so far it's okay.

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. That event sounds great! Night of the Lepus lol... seems like I've heard of that one.

    That's good to know about Treacherous since I was wondering how I'd like the second book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night of the Lepus is about killer Rabbits from the the 70s and so they tried camera techiques to make the little rabbits look big but they were still cute even with blood on them...lol. It would be great for your Movies that Suck post you were doing! :)

      Delete
    2. Reminds me of this. Which I may do a Movies That Suck on, now that I think of it!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrZ6yBmIkac&t=1s

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your back is starting to feel better. The Booktube event sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I hope your back gets better. Whenever it's winter time where we are, we usually get some wood for the fireplace! And this book event sounds like fun! I'll need to check it out!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun and goes all month long so you should check it out!

      Delete
  4. I think anything that starts with "old school" sounds like fun to me, lol. Have a great week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's been a lot of fun chatting with a lot of people who love old school things. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...