This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Hidden Summit (Virgin River #15)


It's time for trip back to Virgin River for Barb and I and we were so happy! It's a lovely place to be and this one was a good one too! After reading what I have to say go check out what Barb thought at Booker T's Farm.


Sick of running into her cheery ex-husband and his new wife, Leslie Petruso accepts a job at the Virgin River branch of Haggerty Construction and takes the high road right out of town. Now she's got Paul Haggerty's business running like a well-oiled machine. In fact, things are so busy Paul jumps at the chance to hire an extra set of hands.


Just like Leslie, Conner Danson has been burned by love. But if Leslie was disappointed by her relationship going bad, Conner was decimated. He's got no time for women... although he spends an awful lot of time pretending not to notice Leslie. And she's pretty busy "ignoring" the chemistry between them.

According to Conner and Leslie, they have only one thing in common—they're done with love. But everyone in Virgin River can see that things are heating up at Haggerty Construction. And as far as Paul Haggerty can tell, the best thing he can do is hang on to his hard hat and watch the sparks fly!

The author introduces us to two new characters and if you have ever read this series you know there are already a lot of characters so I was worried that I might not like it as much but I should have know all would be fine. We get enough of the other characters that I already love mixed in. 

Leslie is trying to get away from her ex-husband who wants to still be friends even though he is married with a baby one the way. She wants to put distance between them and excepts a job at Paul Haggerty's construction business as she knows him. She is working as a secretary.

Conner is in witness protection till he can testify againt a man with connections that he seen murder another man. When Connors business is burned down it was time to run and Bree a lawyer from Virgin River is working with him and has him come there to hide out. He gets a job at Haggerty Construction, so I am sure you can see where this is going. :)

I really liked both the main characters in this one. Man was Leslie's ex a jerk and full of himself and sort of gets what he gets in the end! Leslie would crack me up because he came trying to talk to her and she shot him with the fire extinguisher when he wouldn't leave!! Great moment!
Connor comes with his share of baggage too, like someone wanting him dead, but he also had a bad break up that leaves him a bit gunshy, but things just really click between the two and they just made a great couple.

When I read one of these books it always feels like coming home to a great place, fun characters and I know I am always going to have a good time. 

4 stars

4 comments:

  1. I love that feeling too, knowing a new book in a series will be really good😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love when a horrible ex gets some karma! This sounds like a really great story and this is a series I really need to get to at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice fluffy and great romance series. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...