This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Week in Review #36

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  

Not sure why my paragraph is all messed up but I am not redoing things...lol.

It was a pretty unevnetful week which was nice. I still don't know the results of me wearing the heart

monitor for a few days and probably won't know for a few days as my doctor went on vacation!!

I did watch a couple new things instead of just my old reruns, though still watched them too...lol.

I found a single season show called Almost Paradise and it was a lot of fun with great action and

humor. It stars Christian Kane (Leverage, The Librarian) and set in Cebu, Phillipines which I have been too so that was awesome!

Also I had DVRed Carot Cake Murder on Hallmark so finally got around to watching it, I must say not

a fan of the ending.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed:

ARC review of Sea of Terror

Books I have added

  • Onyeka and the Rise of the Rebels - I read the first book last year and it was fun. Still think it's crazy to have magic hair but I am going with it...lol.
  • Three Cowboys and a Puppy - I grabbed this because of the title and the puppy and well I like cowboy romances. :)
  • A Laird Without a Past - I love historical romances and this cover called my name....lol.
  • Awakening His Shy Duchess - Same with this one. You also might have seen them featured on my waiting on Wednesday because that is the danger of looking for books, you add books on Netgalley...lol.

Books read last week

  • The Red Pyramid - This was pretty good but long.
  • Percy Jackon and the Lightning Thief - A reread and I still enjoyed it.
  • Going Goin Ganache - I really want to love this series but the two MC's just get on my nerves with their love triangles or other relationship mishaps.
  • Dangerous Alterations - Another series I really want to like but in this one I just don't care for how some of the senior characters act at times.
  • Field of Screams - A little slower than I would have liked but atmospheric. I did like it.

Currently reading

  • Shadow of Night - I am coming along on this one, it's just slower for me as it's a print book with small writing. My eyes don't like it...lol. I am on page 337 of 577.
  • Mr. Mercedes - Kind of boring but it's okay. I am at 78%.
  • Murder in the Scottish Hills - I enjoyed the first book and so thought I would jump on to the second one before it gets lost in all the other eARCs I grab. I am about 13% into it.
  • Payment in Blood - I am trying to do better about if I start a series I must read more than one book in that series within the year. Might now work for every series as I am pretty sure I have started a lot but I am trying and so this is the second Inspector Lynley book and I am enjoying it. I am about 46% into the audiobook.

What might be up next

 I don't know. :)

How was your week? What did you get?

 

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that show. And I hope your heart monitor results are good!

    Have a great Memorial day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your Memorial day is great too!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get good results from the doctor. Enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I started watching two old TV shows this weekend, Veronica Mars and The Ghost Whisperer, lol. Not sure yet if I'll continue them or not. Hope you have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the test results are good and that they can find an answer for what you are experiencing.

    I love the Percy Jackson books and enjoyed the Kane Chronicles. And one of these days, I should really try Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...