This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Review of What Have We Done by Alex Finlay

 




A stay-at-home mom with a past.

A has-been rock star with a habit.
A reality TV producer with a debt.
Three disparate lives.
One deadly secret.

Twenty five years ago, Jenna, Donnie, and Nico were the best of friends, having forged a bond through the abuse and neglect they endured as residents of Savior House, a group home for parentless teens. When the home was shut down―after the disappearance of several kids―the three were split up.

Though the trauma of their childhood has never left them, each went on to live accomplished―if troubled―lives. They haven’t seen one another since they were teens but now are reunited for a single haunting reason: someone is trying to kill them.

To survive, the group will have to revisit the nightmares of their childhoods and confront their shared past―a past that holds the secret to why someone wants them dead.

It’s a reunion none of them asked for . . . or wanted. But it may be the only way to save all their lives.

I have enjoyed every book I have read from this author and this was no exception, I enjoyed this one too. I think it might be because his thrillers have a faster pace and bit more action than some I have read lately. 

This one is told in the POV of three friends and the killers and I feel like it will be hard to explain without spoiling so this might not be a very long review. 

The three friends (or sort of friends) all lived in a home for orphaned teens, it wasn't a great place and something they did long ago is now coming back to haunt them. 

They each lead very different lives but when someone starts targeting them it leads them all back to the Savior House and to that one night. 

You get a glimpse into the past from each point of view of the friends and then you get to figure out how a bad person could be in two places at once by learning from the killers point of view. 

I listened to this one and I didn't figure out the twist, but upon a lot of thought I should have and might have if I paid a bit closer attention because it really seemed very easy once I really thought about it so I think it could be easy for some to figure out. 

I still thought it was an interesting thriller, but Every Last Fear is still my favorite. I do know that I will probably try anything this author writes after reading three of his books and enjoying them all.

4 stars

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait until my hold comes in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious to see if you figure it out, as I should have but didn't...lol.

      Delete
  2. I really need to try his books at some point. This sounds pretty twisty!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...