This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Week in Review #43

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a great week! Mine was okay, we had a few storms, got a little rain but nothing to bad. Hope those in areas that are having the flooding or excessive heat are staying safe.

So in regards to my health troubles, I have a stress test set up for August 1st, weird that I can't get in any quicker but hopefully it will tell them something, so that I know if something is wrong or it's just me being overweight that makes my heartrate jump and breathing become harder. So fingers crossed.

On my birthday which was July 11th, dad took me to go see Sound of Freedom which was such a great movie, very sad but so well done. I highly recommend! Because my theater has this thing called Backstage pass that I am a member off (it's free...lol), I got a free popcorn and drink for my bday so didn't have to have the extra expense which was awesome! Overall I had a very good bday! :)

Other than that not much happening here.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Sunrise Point

Books I have added

 Netgalley

  • I Heard a Fly Buzzy When I Died - This second book in a historical mystery series that centers around Emily Dickenson and her maid. I believe the titles are from her poems and are very strange...lol. The first title was different too. :) I enjoyed the first one so can't wait to try this one.
Birthday Present Haul:
  • Manrattan and The Housemaid - Barb got me two books we could buddy read! We have already read Manrattan! :)
  • The Toymaker - Polly got me a physical copy off of my amazon wishlist which was super cool of her! She is in my discord and a subscriber to my youtube channel. I am really curious about this book but it's a chunky one!
  • Scritch Scratch - Danielle got me the physical copy off of my amazon wishlist and I might have squealed a little as this is my favorite book from this author and I wanted a keeper copy as I read the eARC. She is also a youtube subscriber and from Instagram.
I want to thank these three very awesome people for making my birthday awesome!

Books read last week

  • The Book of Life - I have completed my reread! I love this trilogy! I could be slightly obsessed with it and the tv show actually...lol.
  • City of Nightmares - This was an interesting young adult urban fantasy book about people turning into their nightmares and about a crime sydicate taking advantage of things, it's first in a doulogy and I am currious how it will end.
  • A Botanist Guide to Flowers and Fatality - The second book in a historical mystery series about Saffron Everleigh who works with flowers and poisons. I enjoyed it.
  • Manrattan - This was a wild and fun killer animal book about rats the size of cars! I just love Hunter Shea's creature books they are always a blast.
  • Sunrise Point - Book 17 in the Virgin River series, I can't believe I am almost done with this series only two more to go! Such a cozy comfort type read.
  • What Have We Done - I enjoyed this one, I kind of like my thrillers with a bit more action which this has so it was faster paced than some and I think that is why I like this author. :)

Currently reading

  • Clara Poole and the Long Way Around - Still reading on this one! I think I am just not really into this one, but I haven't gotten to the actual balloon race. I am hoping it picks up soon or I might put it to the side. I am 25% into it so hopefully something fun happens soon. :/
  • Mystery in the Highlands - I have read a bit on this one this week so 24% into it but hoping to make a good dent in it this week or finish it. A murder has just happened so hopefully I start to find it a bit more interesting as well.
  • Mystery in the Palace Westminister - I didn't read any on this one this past week so still at 10% but I have enjoyed what I have read.
  • Christmas Bride - Just started this print book. I am trying to read more of my own collection and I am hosting a Christmas in July retro romance Readathon on my youtube channel so needed to get in a Christmas book...lol.
  • Castaway - Another one of my retro print books and I am about 35 pages into it.
  • What Happens in the Ballroom - This is one of my audiobooks and I am 56% into it and enjoying it but I always like Sabrina Jefferies romances. :)
  • I Hunt Killers - This is another audiobook that I just started so about 11% into it. I pulled it from my tbr jar.
To be honest, I am listening to more audiobooks than my ebooks or print books so that is one reason they are not moving form this list. I am walking in the mornings and listening to them and I am trying to put my book collection into a spreadsheet and can listen when doing that. :) I need to take a bit more time for those not audio!

What might be up next

 I think I need to finish a few things I am reading...lol.

How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice birthday! I may pick up a copy of Manrattan too, it sounds like a ton of fun😁 Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your stress test. I'm glad to hear Sound of Freedom is good. I haven't been to the movies in a long time. I hope you are enjoying your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice birthday and hope the stress test goes well. So glad we both enjoyed Manrattan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!

    I need to read Hunter Shea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! And how fun about Backstage Pass. Good luck with the stress test and hopefully you'll get some answers. I have What Have We Done on my TBR so I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...