This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Friday, July 21, 2023

Two Bloogers One Book ~ Manrattan by Hunter Shea

 Barb and I love a reading Hunter Shea's book so when his newest book came out on my birthday it was the perfect buddy read! Check out what I thought then go and see what Barb thought about it at Booker T's Farm.


Exterminator duo Chris and Benita Jackson are sucked into the madness once again as the underground denizens of the big city are transformed by generations of Degenesis and something new (and more hideous) into your worst nightmare. New York is the city that never sleeps - because the streets will run red with blood, filled with the cries of chaos.


I didn't know the author had planned to write a sequel to Rattus New Yorkus, but we got one and the exterminators are back to battle even bigger rats!!! 

Chris and Benita had verily surrived what happened last time and thought things were safe, but the rats are back or maybe they had not ever gone anywhere but been hiding. Chris and Benita have sworn off rat hunting after what happened last time but  friend ask them over because he thinks he has a capybara and Benita wants the see the cute little thing but it's not what they thought it's a huge rat and it's hungry for human flesh. 

It seems that the rats are still around but they have been feeding on something different than before which is causing them to grow bigger and badder. I am not going to say what it is they fed on as you will just have to read it and find out...lol. 

Anyway what happens is a fast paced action packed gorefest of giant rats wreaking havac on the people of Manhattan and it was a lot of fun! Hunter Shea knows how to write a fun killer animal book and I always have a blast reading them, they are short and to the point and it's kind of left open so there could be another one if the author feels like more rat investations are needed. :) 

I like Chris and Benita they are a fun couple and have been through a scary ordeal and it was fun to read. 

5 stars for just being a fun read!

5 comments:

  1. This was perfect for a quick buddy read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds crazy and fun! I need to read more Hunter Shea😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now read all of Hunter's books except for this one. You reminded me to order it and just snagged the last paperback! I can't wait to be back with the crew. And the big,bad rats. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...