This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 27, 2023

Week in Review #49

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This new puppy is going to give me grey hair! So stressing me out, now I remember why I don't have kids! Poor Dresden is still not a fan, I am hoping that Rascal will soon calm down but he wants to chew on and eat everything he sees and I get tired trying to make sure he isn't into things. UGH. I really hate puppy phase. Getting a lot of audiobooks done while chasing him around and taking him outside. :)

This week was so HOT, I love summer but not when the feels like is 121. I am not ready to say goodbye to summer yet though and we get a cool down this coming week so yay!

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of My Kind of Christmas

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Murder on Union Square - The 21st book in the Gaslight series and I really enjoyed it. This is one of my favorite historical mystery series.
  • The Gilded Web - I have mixed feelings about this one, I enjoyed it but there were a lot of things that I got annoyed with and it didn't feel very romantic. I am curious about the other two book in the series though.
  • Once Upon a Winter's Eve - Novella in the Spindle Cove series, just needed something quick for a readathon and it was decent.
  • In Bed With the Devil - First book in the Scoundrels of St. James and I really enjoyed it. My second book by this author and liked both so far so she could become a favorite. :)
  • Bellegarde - Disappointing YA historical romance as the author put to many modern type things into it. I do think that Teens might like it if they don't read historical romances like I do, but different social classes did not mingle together in a high school in 18th century France! Or have parties. I did like the retelling of the movie She's All That aspects of it though.
  • Pencilvania - I had been working on this one but put it aside for other books and came back to it as I could use it for a readathon...lol. I thought it was decent.
  • Set Up in the City - I have been on a B.J. Daniels kick lately as this is the third book by her this month. Always enjoy them as you can't go wrong with cowboys and mystery. 
  • Remnants of Murder - This is the 8th book in the Southern Sewing Circle and I really want to like this series more but it's so far only been an average series. 
  • Twas the Knife Before Christmas - A reread to refresh my memory for the live talk we had about it on Wednesday.  

Currently reading

  • The Black Lyon - I just started this one and it's one of my print books. So I am currently on page 22 of 276.
  • The Titan's Curse - Continuing my reread of Percy Jackson to prepare for the new PJ book coming out! :) I also want to continue on with the other spin off series and needed a refresher.
  • Terror in Shadow Canyon - This one will be a super quick fun read that I haven't exactly started yet but will tonight. It's kind of like Goosebumps, this is the third one that just came out.

What might be up next

 Not sure.

How was your week? What did you get?

17 comments:

  1. We have a puppy too, and oh my goodness I feel like I worked 60 hours in three days chasing after him. It's been almost 7 years since we have had a dog, so I am not use to this, lol! I hope you have a wonderful week, Stormi ☕📚🌞💛🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also forget that things just are not as easy as they were when I was younger! Who would have thought a puppy could wear me down! Hope all goes good with your puppy.

      Delete
  2. I remember the puppy phase going by pretty quickly, maybe only a few months? That might sound long though, lol. We're adopting a dog and I talked my husband out of the cute puppy we saw because I knew it was going to be a lot of work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to adopt an already trained dog, but got a puppy...I would so go for the dog!

      Delete
  3. I think I would be having the same reaction as you with a puppy. When two of our girls were kittens, they were a handful. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the upside is all the reading you were able to get done while chasing the puppy? Been there, done that, but wasn't smart enough to listen to audiobooks, LOL. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puppies are so fun. Ha! I remember the one I had chewed EVERYTHING.

    Too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppies are fun as long as they are not yours...lol. This one could be the death of me!

      Delete
  6. Oh man! I remembered when we first got a puppy and how much work it was to take care of the puppy!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s why puppies look so adorable!

    Wishing you a happy reading week, and cooler weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, puppies look so cute and then you are reminded of all the work that goes with it. Hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  8. Yes... I've never had a puppy as I recall that phase all too clearly when my parents had them! Best of luck and I hope the little poppet stops chewing on everything sooner rather than later. A lovely lot of books - I'm intrigued by the gaslight murder mystery series as I've read several cracking series over the last year - thank you for sharing and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy historical mysteries then I think Gaslight series is a must. :) Love it!

      Delete
  9. Just think, Rascal will grow up before you know it. Man, you read a lot last week. I think I'd be burned out.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...